[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first build and i think I am having a video issue please help me out

Attachments

• 2C9C17CD-F233-4186-8747-0F67FC36C8B3.jpeg
    2C9C17CD-F233-4186-8747-0F67FC36C8B3.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 101
Hey Team I found a issue. If I do a shutdown.. the lights on the motherboard stay on on the Z390 Designare logo should it?

Hey Team I found a issue. If I do a shutdown.. the lights on the motherboard stay on on the Z390 Designare logo should it?
I believe that’s normal. There’s some idle current flowing to the system at all times, which is why we always instruct owners to unplug their systems from the wall (or flip power switch on the power supply itself) when installing or removing PCIe devices, memory DIMMs, NVMe drives, etc.

Yes Casey is correct. This has always been the case, since the 24 pin and 8 pin cpu+ power is always receiving small amounts of current constantly, hence why you should Never open a psu unless your absolutely sure it's 100% discharged, as the stored current can definitely kill you. Just flip off the power supply switch and all the posting/code lights, design lighting: Dimm's VRM-capacitor shroud, NVMe shroud etc.. and single random led's should all power off

Hi Casey,

my system is waking up itself. Can you help?

Hi Casey,

my system is waking up itself. Can you help?
Sudden wake-from-sleep can often be diagnosed as follows:
  • Check if you have latest USB SSDT (SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V6.aml).
  • Disconnect all USB devices from external and internal USB ports (except keyboard and mouse).
  • Check if system can sleep properly.
  • If so, connect one USB device at a time (no need to reboot) and check if system can sleep properly.
  • If so, connect another USB device and repeat until you find a USB device that causes the sleep/wake problem.

Sudden wake-from-sleep can often be diagnosed as follows:
  • Check if you have latest USB SSDT (SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V6.aml).
  • Disconnect all USB devices from external and internal USB ports (except keyboard and mouse).
  • Check if system can sleep properly.
  • If so, connect one USB device at a time (no need to reboot) and check if system can sleep properly.
  • If so, connect another USB device and repeat until you find a USB device that causes the sleep/wake problem.
I have one Bluetooth dongle, one unifiy adapter from logitech and sometimes my Magic Trackpad 2 is connected via USB.
I disconnected all of them, also LAN cable.

I also have V6 of USB Patch, but still no luck.

But I just saw, that the PC goes sleeping again after approximately 30min

Hey,

The only issue that I'm having is that once the system resumes from sleep I can't preview any video or image files.
If I reboot the system, everything goes back to normal.

Do you have any recommendations?

Hey,

The only issue that I'm having is that once the system resumes from sleep I can't preview any video or image files.
If I reboot the system, everything goes back to normal.

Do you have any recommendations?
Best thing would be to search this site using relevant keywords. You’ll be surprised by what you find. The search function of this site works very well.

If you see 5 possible solutions, try them all and see what works. There’s no single right answer that I can give. It’s usually a matter of controlled experimentation. It’s also a good idea to double-check your CLOVER configuration, preferably against a known golden build from the Golden Builds section.

If all attempts fail, describe all relevant details including Mojave version, steps tried, and CLOVER configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back