Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great WiFi card, but it does not have Bluetooth. I actually asked the seller to confirm this, which they did.

OH, then you need the MacBook Air card with an adapter. Honestly, I hacked a hole in my designaire X299 shield and put the card/adapter in the M.2 slot. I wasn't going to give up a PCI slot just because there was a little plastic in the way. Would have been easier if I had just left the pretty shield off all together. Are you ready to take your motherboard apart? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Yes that's the right adapter for a PCIe x1 slot. And on top of this we need the BCM94360CS2 module such as the Padarsey BCM94360CS2. So both items are needed. The module piggy-backs onto the adapter and only one x1 slot is used, so I don't mind that at all!

Come ON! join the big boys and cut on your motherboard! (just kidding) It took me a few minutes to find this old picture of my hackery.
wifi_done.jpg

Come ON! join the big boys and cut on your motherboard! (just kidding) It took me a few minutes to find this old picture of my hackery.
View attachment 372928
Ha! This is amazing. I'm too scared to do that but props to you for making it work!

Going to play it safe order the card and adapter. I have a PCIe slot to spare at the moment. Thanks everyone!

With the PCIe card plugged into the bottommost slot, there is no need to join the "big boys" :)

Attachments

• IMG_6716.png
    IMG_6716.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6717.png
    IMG_6717.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 123
Ha! This is amazing. I'm too scared to do that but props to you for making it work!

Going to play it safe order the card and adapter. I have a PCIe slot to spare at the moment. Thanks everyone!

I did find ONE card on Amazon that would work with a little clover hackery and you'd have to figure out how to install a 3rd antenna which isn't all bad. This would be an exact replacement for the useless intel m.2 card under the shield. These are VERY hard to find...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MU2JO6L/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

(also found this...)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0156DVQ7G/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You could remove the normal antennas and use one of the holes for these tiny suckers for the 3 antenna version...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JKC539K/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You'd just tape them to the back of the case. I'd use gaffers tape.

With the PCIe card plugged into the bottommost slot, there is no need to join the "big boys" :)

Meh... boring :lol:

Devils advocate question... Has anyone had any issues with leaving the intel card in? I don't know because I never leave the intel card on the motherboard.

Meh... boring :lol:

Devils advocate question... Has anyone had any issues with leaving the intel card in? I don't know because I never leave the intel card on the motherboard.
I've left mine in without any problem, but this is because I modified the custom USB SSDT to disable HS14 on which the Intel Bluetooth attaches, and enabled HS11 on which the new PCIe module attaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back