Contribute
Register

Success on a ASRocks P55 Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:After using Tony's iboot cd I now have working onboard sound and ethernet with no kexts added. I had to wipe everything out and reinstall ,so I used tony's orginal iboot cd ( with my radeon HD 2600) and everything works great except my Sapphire Radeon 4850.
I installed snow from retail dvd then i installed the combo udate 10.6.2 from Apples website, then all updates available thru software update. Now if i can just get my video card to work this would be a plain vanilla installation.

Update I reinstalled everything again using the same Tonymacx86-iBootCD-test cd. (Used the ATI Radeon 2600 , the Sapphire HD 4850 only gives a black screen.)
1. insert Tonymacx86-iBootCD.
2. Press F5 at chameleon Prompt.
3. Insert Retail Snow leopard dvd.
4. Install default system settings.
5. Restart computer when install finishes.( without cd will have flashing _)
6. Put back in Tonymacx86-iBootCD and start up. (Control Alt Delete keys or change out cd real fast while the system restarts in above step)
7 Select your Snow Leopard install.
8. When you reach desktop you will have sound and Ethernet click on Software update select all and let it install and restart.

You will have everthing working except maybe sleep go to system preferences click energy saver and slide both controls over to never, uncheck all boxes.
Thats all I have for now, I am triple booting by leaving the Tonymacx86-iBootCD in drive until I decide which bootloader to install.
Now if I could just get that Sapphire Radeon 4850 to work. :crazy: Guess that will keep me busy for a while.

Raymac, and all others that contributed to this thread thank you very much for helping me understand the process of osx86. :) I have similar build, and will start as soon as i get the balls to try it, or at least back up my hdd. :lol:

So looking forward to this. I just finished a new build with same MOBO and Processor.

I have a different video card - GIGABYTE GV-N96TSL-1GI GeForce 9600 GT 1GB Silent Cell 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

and Ram - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK

and HD x 3 - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Can't wait for 10.6.2/7-64 Prof and/Ubuntu (going to go for 10.10)

Thanks for all the hard work on this.

Any Questions... ASRocks P55 Extreme

how much difference between extreme dsdt Asrock p55, and
extreme version 4? Thanks .... Tony will be released this version? I'll be tuned

Right Post? or plz Mod can u move in right post?

Sorry to inform all ASRock owners but my ASRock P55 Extreme motherboard died on November 24 ,2010 just a little 1 year and 1 week from the day I ordered it from Newegg. I did not build this computer until Christmas of that year. I contacted ASRock about the failure, and it was out of warranty, if I paid to ship it back ASRock will charge $35 labor and service fee and provide 3 months warranty for the replacement. I choose to upgrade and buy a Gigabyte P55A-UD4P with a 3 year warranty and could not be happier.

i have ASRock P55 Extreme4, Intel Core i3-530, OCZ Gold Series 2GB DDR3 (1333 MHz), 2*500GB Seagate HDD and Sapphire Radeon HD5850 1GB GDDR5, will Mac OS X work on this system?

I had luck with disabling the IDE / 1394 In the bios and then I was able to use the Iboot to boot to a vanilla Snowy Disk.
I was able to see that during boot it was complaining about the 1394 so I disabled it and was able to move through and install.
I am working on updating to 10.6.6 and installing the custom DSDT from the database from this site.
I will let you know how it goes.

Asrock P55 Extreme
i3 530
16 Gigs of Gskill Ripjaws (Only used 4gigs to get the OS Installed)
WD Black 1 TB Harddisk
SATA DVD RW Drive
BFG Nvidia 8800 GT Video

After the initial install Sound and Network was working. So I'm not sure if the DSDT will change anything or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back