Contribute
Register

{SUCCESS} Nishant's Build : Core i7 3770K, GA-Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast, MSI GTX 670 PE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very similar build and I also had almost everything working very easily... however I seem to have sleep issues (or perhaps hibernation?), where if I leave it asleep for several hours it refuses to wake up. Also, my front audio doesn't work and I have to use the black or orange ports on the back (and set audio to line-out). I believe I am using slightly different kext config though so I may give yours a shot this weekend!

edit:

Oh, by similar I mean I have the same motherboard, GTX 670 (reference), 16GB Kingston HyperX, and a i5 3570K...

I have a very similar build and I also had almost everything working very easily... however I seem to have sleep issues (or perhaps hibernation?), where if I leave it asleep for several hours it refuses to wake up. Also, my front audio doesn't work and I have to use the black or orange ports on the back (and set audio to line-out). I believe I am using slightly different kext config though so I may give yours a shot this weekend!

edit:

Oh, by similar I mean I have the same motherboard, GTX 670 (reference), 16GB Kingston HyperX, and a i5 3570K...

I guess I got lucky since I never referred to any guides for the motherboard or such. I have not yet left the machine to sleep for longer than probably 2 hours, so I can't say with full surety that it will work. Also, when I wake it from sleep I get mouse lag. I don't know whether it's my mouse that's screwing up or my system. But a quick reboot fixes it, and sometimes the lag doesn't even occur. But I have a suspicion that it's my mouse since it does the same on my Dad's Macbook Air..

If it is a magic mouse you should check the batterie! Anyways, Thanks for your reply! I was thinking do you know what rev it is on your motherboard? The 1.1 or 1.0?
Thanks!

Nah it's a Logitech G400 (I didn't see the problem on Ubuntu, but it's only a minor problem.), it's written in the 'Already Owned' section. It's Rev1.1 I believe.

hey, this is one sweet build - i am getting the exact same components tomorrow, except for a different graphics card, psu and case.

I think iv'e understood most of how I would get ML working, but was a little confused with the graphics.

I am getting the GTX 770, ive read elsewhere that its working. Do I simply follow your multibeast settings for GTX 6xx series - to get this card to work, or do i download and install nvidia web drivers once ML 10.8.3 has booted?

Or would you suggest for me to update to 10.4 as soon as I have ML running to get native driver support for graphics?

Finally, is it better for me to get ML 10.8.3 installed without graphics card first?

Thanks for this build guide, greatly appreciated.

:)

I don't know as of yet, but Macs will natively support GTX 7xx series cards only after they come in high end configs and with Haswell. So I suggest you play it safe and run Intel HD 4000 Graphics till someone confirms a fool-proof way to get GTX 7xx cards running. But if you want to take a risk, just try booting through 'GraphicsEnabler=No' and see what happens. Good luck with your build!

nVidia 770 & 780 cards work with Mountain Lion 10.8.4, but not early versions of Mountain Lion.

Thanks for your reply! Just finished my install and everything seems to be running :mrgreen: I installed ML 10.8.4 via unibeast 1.7 and followed your multibeast 5.3.1 settings, except for the Gtx 6xx series part. I checked 'GraphicsEnabler=No' though just so it boots as you mentioned. The gtx 770 is working out of the box with 10.8.4 - native support, couldn't have been better! Didn't install any Nvidia web drivers either. Will install final cut and see how that works later.

Also, atm I have a single SSD with ML, and have another for windows which I haven't yet installed. Ive been reading a few different tutorials but not sure about the UEFI part? What would be the best way to install? Remove the current ML.. or just add another ssd and go. And as for two more additional storage drives, I can simply go into the respective OS and format the drive to use right, in both win & mac?

Any suggestions would be helpful.:rolleyes:

Cheers!

Yeah I'm stuck on the same thing. I was planning on buying a new SSD for Windows as well. So I would unplug the OS X SSD, not touch the UEFI, install Windows on the new SSD, replug the OS X SSD, boot through the UniBeast flash drive and reinstall Chimera so I get the option to boot into Windows upon startup.

Got it working! simply removed the sad and storage drive for mac. Connected new SSD, didn't change any bios settings here. Set boot priority to new windows SSD and windows installed fine. Once windows was setup I installed another sepreate storage drive

Reconnected OSX ML & storage drive - went straight into bios and changed boot priority to the Mac drive and restarted - chimera boot loader came straight on! You might have to experiment with the boot priority with the drives but you'll get it to work.

Just make sure you unplug any osx drive before you install. Much easier than I thought it was!

Cheers, and best wishes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back