Contribute
Register

[Success] nab’s INTEL NUC DC3217IYE (CLOVER/Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[success] nab’s INTEL NUC DC3217IYE, i3-3217U (ethernet edition)

10.9.2 installed fine from the app store:

1. reboot with a unibeast usb, boot SSD with -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
2. use Multibeast to install Intel -hnak's AppleIntelIE1000e, Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, FakeSMC and the Chimera bootloader.

Does sleep still work after the 10.9.2 update i had some issues with it but could be due to some wrongly installed files.. think ill do a fresh install.

JUST BOUGHT DC3217BY

installed 10.9.2

got bluetooth atheros & hdmi audio

but graphics are flickery and video playback real choppy

looks like a video driver issue

anyone any idea?

ive installed the capri kext thats kicking around on here
tried graphics enabler yes and no

all still dire and much worse than my core2duo macbook

Just posting to say thanks for the help on this thread and others - I've managed to get my NUC IYE installed with 10.9.2 (not my first, previously had 10.8, but my SSD went pop)

I did have a few issues though:
  • Boot0: GPT/error messages. Looks like my new SSD is defferent from my old - but a dd of the boot1h file did the trick
  • Couldn't get HDMI audio to work. Tried Toleda's framebuffer and DSDT changes - but i just ended up with something broken and having to reinstalling. In the end I applied the dsdt.aml file from synGatesFan200 in MultiBeast and deselected some of the unneeded options - booted with sound and no choppy video - no framebuffer changes needed.

All-in-all it was really very quick and easy to do once you have the right software/files at hand..

Hi,

I got my NUC working well, almost. I have a problem sometimes with my wireless mouse, it has its own dongle so its not bluetooth, but sometimes its really, really slow and laggy. i try another port or reboot and then suddenly its fine.

anyone know how to fix this? the other problem is that it wont turn off, it shuts down but stays on.

thanks

Jon

I'm trying to do a fresh install of Mavericks on my NUC IYE. I'm really noob so is it really needed to update de Bios to do this fresh install? I don't care about the hdmi audio problem...

I'm trying to do a fresh install of Mavericks on my NUC IYE. I'm really noob so is it really needed to update de Bios to do this fresh install? I don't care about the hdmi audio problem...

from the original post "v32 of the NUC motherboard bios contains a bug that means the system won’t start if you try and boot from a USB with the option to also boot from the network turned on and no Ethernet connection"

.. so you can either upgrade your bios, or try and disable 'boot from network' and see if that works. The bios upgrade is straightforward - just google for the instructions

OK, so I am a total newbie at this. I did the whole thing with the downloading Maverick 9.2, running unibeast and putting the whole thing on an usb stick. I placed the usb stick in my I3 NUC and up pops the boot screen with the little icons including the USB Icon. I hit return and up pops the OS install screen for about a half second and then the system reboots and goes into a loop. What am I missing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

al

I have a NUC i3 with Twin HDMI and ethernet - identified as D33217GKE
latest Version 49 Bios
128MB graphics memory set

I have read circular threads pointing to threads and back again to the origin for Hackintoshing a NUC.

This is way more intense than is advertised!

I have a USB stick with Unibeast 3.0.1, MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.2.1, http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads
with Mavericks App Store Installer.

Install works fine.

PROBLEMS:

MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.2.1 : There is no Intel -hnak's AppleIntelIE1000e in Multibeast that I can see. What should I choose?

BIG Trouble occurs when I try to get HDMI Audio Working, iCloud/messages/maps, and the latest Apple Updates (April 2, 2014)

After 6 different fresh installs of Mavericks, I need to ask for help.

Would like an actual fully functional NUC to work with Mavericks.

Is the Hackintosh build essentially just static? Never update?

Any Suggestions?

Alehrke - Problem Installing Mavericks on NUC

OK, so I am a total newbie at this. I did the whole thing with the downloading Maverick 9.2, running unibeast and putting the whole thing on an usb stick. I placed the usb stick in my I3 NUC and up pops the boot screen with the little icons including the USB Icon. I hit return and up pops the OS install screen for about a half second and then the system reboots and goes into a loop. What am I missing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

al

What NUC model identifier do you have?

What version of Unibeast are you using?

What version of BIOS do you have installed on your NUC?

interested since the install of Mavericks is not my problem with the NUC.

PROBLEMS:

MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.2.1 : There is no Intel -hnak's AppleIntelIE1000e in Multibeast that I can see. What should I choose?...
According to the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks Features document (page 6):
Intel
AppleIntelE1000e​

Enables Intel 825xx ethernet controllers. hnak's port of the e1000.sourceforge.net Intel
Wired Ethernet for Linux driver. Installs AppleIntelE1000e.kext in
System/Library/Extensions/ IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.​
Recommend reading the MultiBeast Features document as it as some interesting insights. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back