Contribute
Register

[Success] nab’s INTEL NUC DC3217IYE (CLOVER/Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[success] nab’s INTEL NUC DC3217IYE, i3-3217U (ethernet edition)

Well, obviously I'm doing something wrong, because after a clean install doing exactly what you described, I'm at the same spot, I have an almost fully functional Mavericks Hackintosh... that will only boot with the UniBeast USB plugged in.

At this point, I don't want to take anymore of your time (or pollute your thread), so I'll call it an acceptable failure and keep that damn USB stick in. After all, the Chimera bootloader does the exact same thing, right?

Anyway thanks for your help, and I hope other people manage to get their NUC working, because it's a cool little box!

Cheers

I have done this on every mackintosh that I have owned (including this NUC) and for some reason I can not figure out how to update the damn bios. I have tried

1. I thought it was just formatting at FAT32 in disk utility and then holding F7…not the case
2. Formatting the card as bootable device in windows and then booting into F7…bios does not see the update.

Can someone please take a second and let me know how to do it. Thanks

Nabs, thanks for the guide. It worked flawless. How did you fix the frame buffer? I've been trying get it fixed for hours. Right now the mac only sees 64 mb of shared video memory. Thanks.

yesterday I did a fresh install of 10.9 to see if I had missed any steps in my overview.

This is what I did:
1. boot installer with -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
2. reboot and start 10.9 from SSD with the same boot params
3. use Multibeast to install Intel -hnak's AppleIntelIE1000e, Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, FakeSMC and the Chimera bootloader.
4. cp DSTD.aml org.chameleon.Boot.plist smbios.plist /Extra

... boots without problem.

Hello

I have problems with my NUC D33217GKE (Bios 0047-16GB memory) when installing OSX 10.9.1
The installation (UniBeast-Maverick) go without boot flags
Reboot go without boot flags
use Multibeast to install Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, FakeSMC and the Chimera bootloader. and place the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios in the Extra folder
no Use DSDT.
Restart-> Kernel Panic
PLEASE can you post your org.chameleon.Boot.plist
and The definition from your smbios.plist (of course without serial no.)
I use the settings from Chamelleon SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY
after the boot always i have a kernel panic.

Thanks for Help

Hello

after the boot always i have a kernel panic.

Thanks for Help

I have found the error:banghead::banghead:
MultiBeast 6.0.1 has not been installed the Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
I have patched the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and installed with KextWizard .
The Build run.

Thanks all for his Guides

Nabs, thanks for the guide. It worked flawless. How did you fix the frame buffer? I've been trying get it fixed for hours. Right now the mac only sees 64 mb of shared video memory. Thanks.

Hi Kazijun, the symptom of the frame buffer problem is the screen flickering very noticeably - is that what you are experiencing? The fix was to do a binary edit on one of the files in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext using perl (I think syngatesfan200 posted a patch version of the kext also).

Having said that, to I do not have this problem with the 10.9 install. Can you confirm?

I am afraid I have no idea why you are seeing only 64mb of graphics memory. Apparently the way the OS allocates memory to integrated GPUs has changed in Mavericks - it used to be allocated based on the amount of system menu, but (for mac minis at least) it is set to 1024MB - see below. I checked mine, and it does indeed say 1024MB now.

http://blog.macminicolo.net/post/63025919453/mac-minis-gpu-and-a-mavericks-upgrade

anyone got the hdmi audio working on mavericks?
was working fine in ML, to the hdmi port near ethernet
did a clean install of mavericks, to the hdmi port near ethernet, mavericks freezes

any idea?

thank you.

One question:

is there someone who succeeded in setting dual monitors with the NUC and Mavericks?

10.9.2 installed fine from the app store:

1. reboot with a unibeast usb, boot SSD with -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
2. use Multibeast to install Intel -hnak's AppleIntelIE1000e, Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, FakeSMC and the Chimera bootloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back