Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI +32Gb DDR5 + i9-13900K + Radeon RX 6800XT

OK, I'll test all that and get back to you. And my mobo is Msi z790 p wifi, i9-13900k, radeon 5700 xt

looking around today I noticed that the
agdpmod=vit9696
boot flag may be necessary to "Disables board-id check, may be needed for when screen turns black after finishing booting"
Screenshot 2024-04-05 alle 06.59.18.png

Try adding this flag as show in the above picture.

Try also using only the boot args "agdpmod=vit9696" instead both "agdpmod=pikera agdpmod=vit9696"

Also you can delete the last two lines (bluetooth External Dongle Failed and bluetoothinternalControllerInfo, not related with your problem but absolutely unnecessary)

The config.plist with the two changes (and both agdpmod=pikera agdpmod=vit9696) is attached, you can just use it instead of editing your own.

Attachments

• config.plist
    30.2 KB · Views: 12
I tested. It does the same to me. I only use agdpmod=vit9696 and I get this before the black screen
Screenshot_20240405_155040_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, to summarize. When I install Sonoma, I have to change the HDMI port so that I can see the screen to access the formatting of the SSD. Then when it restarts, I still have to change the HDMI port to access the installation. Then once the installation is complete, I still have to change the HDMI port to access the desktop. And it's when I restart to see if it boots, that the screen goes black. And it doesn't change even if I change the HDMI port

Actually, to summarize. When I install Sonoma, I have to change the HDMI port so that I can see the screen to access the formatting of the SSD. Then when it restarts, I still have to change the HDMI port to access the installation. Then once the installation is complete, I still have to change the HDMI port to access the desktop. And it's when I restart to see if it boots, that the screen goes black. And it doesn't change even if I change the HDMI port
So Sonoma should be/seems completely installed? HDD led runs? Or it hangs on the boot process?

Yes it is installed. I can do it on the first boot by changing the HDMI port. But if I have to turn it off and then turn my PC back on, it boots and I get a black screen. And yes the LED flashes, and I have a signal to the screen, because it comes out of standby

your dGPU should works OOB (is a RX5700XT if I remember), the only boot args that you should need is agdpmod=pikera

I don't understain why you have black screen, I don't know how help you.

Please, post your entire EFI (zipped).

May be someone can do some suggestion.

PS: Have you tested if works with a different HDMI cable?

, thank you very much pulpinex. I changed the HDMI cable and everything appears. All that for a damn HDMI cable. I was able to install Sonoma 14.3.1 under OpenCore. 0.9.8.now i have to copy efi from usb stick and paste it into efi from sonoma disk. That's right ? And I would like to do the latest update from sonoma 14.4 to opencore 0.9.9. How should I go about it please. Encore merci pour toute votre aide

, thank you very much pulpinex. I changed the HDMI cable and everything appears. All that for a damn HDMI cable. I was able to install Sonoma 14.3.1 under OpenCore. 0.9.8.now i have to copy efi from usb stick and paste it into efi from sonoma disk. That's right ? And I would like to do the latest update from sonoma 14.4 to opencore 0.9.9. How should I go about it please. Encore merci pour toute votre aide

well!

yes, you have to copy the EFI folder in the EFI partition, and select this as boot partition in the bios.

You can keep Opencore 0.9.8 or, at least, make a backup before trying update to open core 0.9.9
To upgrade to 14.4.1 you have to follow what I wrote in the lasts posts

Did you enabled Bluetooth and WiFi?

Last edited:
It's good I updated Sonoma to 14.4.1 with opencore 0.9.9, I can get Bluetooth but not wifi. Is there anything to do? And what should I re-check in the efi please

Back