Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

Good afternoon, thank you very much for the great tutorial.

I need help... I can't get the Bluetooth to work. I bought a Bluetooth USB; it's turned on but no device appears. This USB is compatible with macOS. I tried with some kexts, and one worked, but, when connecting to the Bluetooth mouse, the hackintosh was shut down. Any solution that I can try? Thank you very much.

Fantastic build man! I just wanted to check ... Will this build accommodate a liquid cooler like the Corsair H120i or H100I? Would a VEGA 56/64 fit? And finally are there enough slots for 64gb RAM? I do heavy post processing but want a small form factor that can handle a high end workflow. TIA.

Thanks @benmingli

I pretty much have this exact build with the only difference being that I am using 32GB of 2666MHz RAM (because of price at the time).

Would Anyone know how much improvement I would get by upgrading to 32GB of 3200MHz RAM? Would it easily run at 3200MHz speed using XMP profile?

I've just done a build using this motherboard. All works well, barring the inevitable wifi issues. I would, however, mention that updating the BIOS to F5 or beyond is a very good idea. It solved a number of unexplained problems, particularly with booting.

Audio not working
You need to use AppleALC codec kext, version 1.34 and up. The one in MultiBeast is 1.33 if I recall, and doesn't support the ALC1220-VB

I've just done a build using this motherboard. All works well, barring the inevitable wifi issues. I would, however mention that updating the bios to F5 or beyond is a very good idea. It solved a number of unexplained problems, particularly with booting.

Hi, You know exactly what trouble I solve you to update your BIOS? Thank you

I've just done a build using this motherboard. All works well, barring the inevitable wifi issues. I would, however, mention that updating the BIOS to F5 or beyond is a very good idea. It solved a number of unexplained problems, particularly with booting.

Hi, You know exactly what trouble I solve you to update your BIOS? Thank you

The Gigabyte F5 BIOS on our two systems had a bug where it would continue to add duplicate boot entries into the BIOS every time the system is booted. To see if you have the issue, go into the F5 BIOS and look at the boot entries. If you see a bunch of dupes, there you go! I don't believe this is documented by Gigabyte in the BIOS release notes from what I recall, but I could wrong about that. As the boot list entries grow, posting gets slower and slower in the BIOS thus making the total boot time very slow. It is not noticed at first, like a frog in a boiling pot being turned up slowly at a time. The boot time will get slower and slower gradually over time. Eventually, when the number of boot entries gets to the max (999?), then the system will no longer boot. If this happens, you have to force flash the BIOS and clear all BIOS settings. You can even flash back to the same version F5, but the problem will start again and over time it will again eventually grind to a halt.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for this guide, this has been my first and very easy hackintosh build ever!

Is there anything to check or test to know if everything is working or not? Also what are my options to change the Wifi/Bluetooth M.2 Card on the motherboard?

Update 1: i've just realised that my iGPU is not working / detecting in GeekBench can someone help me fix this?

Update 2: I have this mic connected via its power supply it comes with, Worked very well in Windows but on the hackintosh the volume from the mic seems to be very low even at full level in System Preference > Sounds. I've tried enabling / disabling "Use ambient noise reduction"checkbox didn't seem to help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 11.09.03 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 11.09.03 AM.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Back