Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

An inelegant solution to be sure. But, a solution nonetheless.
It looks like it would work for some.

In my situation, I already use both M.2 slots. So, I am still looking for a 12+6 pin to CNVi adapter.

@gandhoel Good find! Thanks for posting that.

Same as mine, it has no progress no matter how many times I restart....
I cant install Mojave too.
Gigabyte Z390 I WIFI + Corsair 16GB*2 + 970 EVO 250GB(windows) + 970 EVO plus 500GB(macOS) + 1TB SATA3-2.5'-HDD + i7-9700K + iGPU.

My EFI folder(SSDT-EC/SSDT-USBX/USBMAP was taken from markoskz 's build (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-pynty-mac-i7-8700-z390-i-aorus-pro-wifi-16gb-ram-sapphire-rx-580-mojave-10-14-3.271145/):

config.plist attached. product model was set to 'iMac18,3'. I tried 'iMac18,1', but stuck at wait for boot device. With iMac18,3, I stuck at '15 min remaining'...

Any one helps? thanks

UPDATE: Maybe the samsung 970EVO PLUS is incompatible ( )

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
I have an 970 EVO Plus as well. I am stuck on the "15 minutes remaining" part of the installation. The 15 minutes remaining dialog box pops up where the system waits about two minutes, then reboots. I can keep doing this infinitely and the system does not seem to finish the installation. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Looks like the EVO Plus has issues. I have found other posts (not sure if i can post them here) that detail challenges with the EVO Plus. If anyone has an update that would be great.

Last edited:
I can confirm 100% compatibility with the 970EVO. I have at least one in ALL of my builds.
you are right, 970EVO does work.
but 970evo plus do NOT.

you are right, 970EVO does work.
but 970evo plus do NOT.
Sorry about that. Had to look it up. Never seen an EVO 970 'PLUS' around here. For some reason I read "PRO". At least the PRO works in Mojave.

I just built one of these actually, I find it interesting that you guys are having issues with the EVO Plus models...

I have the 970 EVO and my system always lags severely for at least 20-30 seconds after boot and on occasion.

Also:
  1. When I try to shutdown the system just reboots.
  2. When the display goes to sleep there is a 50% chance it wakes up to black screen or static.

Has anyone else seen these problems?

Hi,
Does this means that with an Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI there is no chance to use any adapter with an original Apple Airport card?

I am still looking. But, apparently, that is the situation.

Z390I Pro WiFi can use original Apple card with converter, not at CNVi slot, but M.2 key M (NVMe SSD slot front/back) with this converter.

Are you really sure that the Z390I motherboard connector is different?
I've a Gigabyte "B360N WIFI" that use an "Intel® CNVi 802.11ac Wave2 2T2R WIFI" (from specs it seems very similar to that of the Z390I AORUS PRO WIFI).
Into my B360N WIFI I've replaced the original wifi card with an adapter (like this https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07418CNH2/?tag=tonymacx86com-21) + Apple Airport card (BCM94360CS2 and BCM943602CS model) and it works perfectly (including bluetooth, handoff, continuity etc.)

Are you really sure that the Z390I motherboard connector is different?
I've a Gigabyte "B360N WIFI" that use an "Intel® CNVi 802.11ac Wave2 2T2R WIFI" (from specs it seems very similar to that of the Z390I AORUS PRO WIFI).
Into my B360N WIFI I've replaced the original wifi card with an adapter (like this https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07418CNH2/?tag=tonymacx86com-21) + Apple Airport card (BCM94360CS2 and BCM943602CS model) and it works perfectly (including bluetooth, handoff, continuity etc.)
The connector IS different... But, whether the pin-out configuration is compatible with M.2 (AE-Key) adapter is yet to be explained to me. It takes a greater mind than mine to figure these things out.

Now, if you have successfully installed into the CNVI slot using a BCMxxxxx adapter in that A-E Key M.2 adapter, not only is that encouraging information, but it would give me some motivation to test it myself - as I have the same adapter in my toolbox.

I do not have the ability to test the pinout signals for these various slot types. But, plug-and-pray is a strategy I can work with. :mrgreen: I just want to make sure it's not going to feed power into the wrong lane.

Back