Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

Hello. Congratulations on your computer and your installation guide.
I also have the same motherboard. My configuration:
i5-8500 Processor Intel® UHD Graphics 630 Integrated GPU, SSD: Intel 760p NVMe M.2, RAM: 2x8 GB
I did everything according to your description.
Motherboard BIOS: f4
Thunderbolt (TM) Configuration was not found in the settings. I set the rest. Unfortunately, the Mojave installer does not start. What should I do differently? Thank you for your help.
Géza
20190201_000846.jpg
20190201_001322.jpg

Just read a review which the Z390I Aorus Pro WiFi’s which the internal WiFi module look like this. Not sure which type of interface it is.

49E705E6-AE92-4E1F-8DD4-F6D3135490C2.png

I already email to Gigabyte support about WiFi (Z390I) last month. They said that, yes, it (CNVi) is replaceable like the Z370N, so I bought Z390I. But not build yet till now. I'm still waiting for the converter and WiFi card from Aliexpress. Then I read somebody post that Z390I only support CNVi. I asked Gigabyte support, and they answer not tested (yet) and will be written to BIOS if tested and supported (very funny answers). Once again, I emailed and asked: Z390I M.2 WiFi support only M.2 2230 key E, CNVi, or both? After 1 day, they answered: after ask to their hardware designer, absolutely Z390I only support CNVi. It's a really bad news as I already bought Z390I. Asrock Z390 Phantom supports both CNVi and older M.2 2230 key E WiFi card.

Excellent Guide! It works like a charm for my Z390 Pro. I have just one question. You or someone in this thread have any problems with Quicklook and the jpgs?
I can't get it work.
Fixed

But now the USB ports suddenly stop working after using it

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-02-01 a la(s) 9.48.17 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-02-01 a la(s) 9.48.17 p. m..png
    2.3 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Hello. Congratulations on your computer and your installation guide.
I also have the same motherboard. My configuration:
i5-8500 Processor Intel® UHD Graphics 630 Integrated GPU, SSD: Intel 760p NVMe M.2, RAM: 2x8 GB
I did everything according to your description.
Motherboard BIOS: f4
Thunderbolt (TM) Configuration was not found in the settings. I set the rest. Unfortunately, the Mojave installer does not start. What should I do differently? Thank you for your help.
Géza
View attachment 383925View attachment 383924
Disable Above 4G Decoding and try again

In general all seems pretty stable, boot is smooth and quick and didn't hit any errors in any of the dozens restarts I did trying to fix the network.
Not working:
Audio - planned to use external SC anyway so I don't really care, but I couldn't fix the on-board audio.
BT - can't find or connect any devices, although the BT is recognized by macOS.
WiFi - had a lot of trouble with this one, I got it working with Rehab's files from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/
I think I'll replace the card back to the intel one and see whats what...

Hey, @Blank! I'm planning to make essentially the same build as you have (Gigabyte Z390I Pro WiFi + i7-9700K + 16GB Corsair RAM). Did you evolve your build since this post? Did you get Audio / Bluetooth, etc., working? Any other experiences worth sharing?

Just a question, is it possibile to add other PCI-e card in order to make WiFi available?

Sleep/Wakeup (sleep is normal, wakeup needs 2nd key press)..

Can you explain for wake up need to press 2nd key?

Hi @benmingli, Does UHD 630 work?

In your config.plist I see that you placed in
- Devices - Fake ID - IntelGFX - 0x12345678

Alone with that you make that functions 630 hardware acceleration?
Test hardware acceleration

I have the same motherboard just wanted to solve that inconvenience, Thanks

Back