Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

Sorry for the late reply. You want a Broadcom card ending in CD not CS. With my experience the CS cards don't sleep. My card has a broadcom BCM94360CD and works great.

Perfect, thank you very much!!! :)

I used this one in the CNVI slot on the Z370N with a BCM94360CS2. It works perfectly. No problems with sleep or wake. I am planning to use the same setup in the Z390I Aorus Pro Wifi. But, I am waiting to get the adapter.

I see no reason why it would work in one CNVI slot but, not on another.
@pastrychef FYI.

I used this one in the CNVI slot on the Z370N with a BCM94360CS2. It works perfectly. No problems with sleep or wake. I am planning to use the same setup in the Z390I Aorus Pro Wifi. But, I am waiting to get the adapter.

I see no reason why it would work in one CNVI slot but, not on another.

As far as I know, none of the Z370 motherboards had CNVi. They all used the normal M.2 slots. CNVi was introduced a bit later with the non-Z 300 series motherboards.

As far as I know, none of the Z370 motherboards had CNVi. They all used the normal M.2 slots. CNVi was introduced a bit later with the non-Z 300 series motherboards.

Maybe what he meant is the H370N of Gigabyte that has CNVi,

Greetings
Mark

I double checked this. And, you are right. I was mistakenly referring to my Z390I WiFi PRO build... Apologies. I did five builds in one month and, they all seem to blur together sometimes.

The attached is the two adapters stripped from A) Z370N WiFi and B) Z390I WiFi Pro.

The Z390 uses the CNVI slot. The Z370, an M.2

Thanks for the correction.

EDIT: Apologies for the late add on the images. The chip on the left is from the Z370N. The one on the right (CNVI) is from the Z390I Wifi Pro

Last edited:
Trying to install on a similar system (no RX570 atm); All seems to go fine, though the installation freezes on "Installing on Mojave" screen:

I am using the following setup:
Installing on a NVME SSD.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 175
The attached is the two adapters stripped from A) Z370N WiFi and B) Z390I WiFi Pro.
The Z390 uses the CNVI slot. The Z370, an M.2

Hi,
Does this means that with an Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI there is no chance to use any adapter with an original Apple Airport card?

Hi,
Does this means that with an Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI there is no chance to use any adapter with an original Apple Airport card?
Z390I Pro WiFi can use original Apple card with converter, not at CNVi slot, but M.2 key M (NVMe SSD slot front/back) with this converter.

We need to buy longer antenna cable (20cm) MHF4 to RP-SMA.

Back