Contribute
Register

[Success] Lenovo ThinkCentre m90q - i7-10700 - IGPU

Hi @jamesst20

thanks for your EFI. Parallel to my Nuc8 I got a m70q in the grey home variant (ideacentre mini 5)
10400T 512/16. I was able to install Ventura 13.2 with no issues.

I formatted the internal SSD with APFS and GUID.

What did not work:
- does not wake up from sleep mode
- does not boot directly, only with the USB stick, maybe I choose the wrong SSD format options

Also noticed the Imac System Definition is used, the nuc8 used the Mac Mini which looked somehow more fitting. Not sure what consequences changing this would have

Note: Using the old stock bios, disabled secure boot.
No chance to update since there is only a "exe" file available which means installing windows to update

Thanks

Last edited:
It is more stable with Ventura to use itlwm + HeliPort than AirpotItlwm. Seems the latter is buggy after boot/sleep https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/823
Hi @jamesst20,

- after sleep = yes, I give you right (but my Device never in Standby :)) )
- after boot/reboot = currently no Problems (Device connect directly to the Wifi and with Bluetooth together as well no Problems)

Wifi is not my first option ( I use LAN, but I test the wifi always as well)

All is working under 13.2.1 too!

additional info:
@other (HDMI / DP Sound Volumen Control)
Soundflower/SoundflowerBED = works fine with 13.2.1

Hi @jamesst20

thanks for your EFI. Parallel to my Nuc8 I got a m70q in the grey home variant (ideacentre mini 5)
10400T 512/16. I was able to install Ventura 13.2 with no issues.

I formatted the internal SSD with APFS and GUID.

What did not work:
- does not wake up from sleep mode
- does not boot directly, only with the USB stick, maybe I choose the wrong SSD format options

Also noticed the Imac System Definition is used, the nuc8 used the Mac Mini which looked somehow more fitting. Not sure what consequences changing this would have

Note: Using the old stock bios, disabled secure boot.
No chance to update since there is only a "exe" file available which means installing windows to update

Thanks
Hi @nane30,

with the M70Q works this EFI as well because the Device are the same only the M90Q have 2 M.2 Slots ...

APFS und GUI = right

After the installation and first boot, please download MountEFI and mount the local EFI Partition and from the USB Stick!

Copy and Paste all from USB to the local EFI Folder ..

Reboot and remove the USB Stick.

Hi @jamesst20,

Thank´s for your EFI, my machine is a Lenovo M70q, very similar to yours, it boots flawless, i have a cuestion: Does your machine makes a noise when it is loading Mac os? (Similar to the one that happens when you plug/unplug an amplifier or a microphone?, I´ve tried with all the alcid options to eliminate that noise without success. Also I have tried with other EFI (even the one made by myself) without results. I´m using an external amplifier connected with a 3.5 mm audio cable.

Hi,
First, I just want to say thank you.
I wonder if you got it to work with 4k monitor. I've tried on 3 of my 4k monitors and none would go higher than 2560x1440.
Please advise
Hello Konseisei. Did you manage to get the 4K working on DP or HDMI ? I'm stuck at 1440p as well. Thanks

January 2023
Updated to OpenCore 0.8.7 + Update all kexts/drivers for Ventura 13.1
Hi,
using your EFI with my Lenovo M70q (I5-10400T), installation MacOs Ventura start and at twelve minutes to end, restart and reboot when Apple logo appear. Please can you help me, thanks

Hi @jamesst20,

- after sleep = yes, I give you right (but my Device never in Standby :)) )
- after boot/reboot = currently no Problems (Device connect directly to the Wifi and with Bluetooth together as well no Problems)

Wifi is not my first option ( I use LAN, but I test the wifi always as well)

All is working under 13.2.1 too!

additional info:
@other (HDMI / DP Sound Volumen Control)
Soundflower/SoundflowerBED = works fine with 13.2.1
Hi,
can you send me your EFI for Lenovo M70q fully functional, thanks.

Hi,
using your EFI with my Lenovo M70q (I5-10400T), installation MacOs Ventura start and at twelve minutes to end, restart and reboot when Apple logo appear. Please can you help me, thanks
I have no idea why that happens, I installed Monterey and Ventura without any problem, moved back to Monterey because my wifi card kext does not work with Ventura but works fine with Monterey

I have no idea why that happens, I installed Monterey and Ventura without any problem, moved back to Monterey because my wifi card kext does not work with Ventura but works fine with Monterey
Please can you send me your EFI, thanks.

Back