Contribute
Register

[Success] Lenovo M93p, M73p "Tiny" mini PC i5 4570t, i7 4765t Yosemite-Catalina

Would be interesting to see if you could boot Linux or not using that newest BIOS. Maybe they've done this for security reasons. Kind of like the ultimate Secure Boot setting. Nothing else but Win10 can be booted.
I have a Linux disk around somewhere I’ll try it.

Would be interesting to see if you could boot Linux or not using that newest BIOS. Maybe they've done this for security reasons. Kind of like the ultimate Secure Boot setting. Nothing else but Win10 can be booted.

i figured it out! The auto update tool detected windows 10 and left the Windows 7,8 option unchecked. I did another update and manually selected that box and now OSX works fine. See the 3rd post. Benches are the same so far nothing major has changed.

The auto update tool detected windows 10 and left the Windows 7,8 option unchecked.
I always avoid using any BIOS update tool and just do that manually. Boot from a DOS usb and go from there.

Try this, place it in your Clover and name it config copy.plist or config2.plist. Also remove the C lover/ACPI/Patched SSDT.aml its for the other CPUs.
At clover boot screen use cursor arrows to go to Options tab then go to Config. you can choose either config.plist for boot testing.

What bios version do you have?
Did you remove the SSDT.aml before you tried booting the first time?

Hi Gigamaxx,
i tried your config.plist but it is not working. I deletet the SSDT.aml and never used it.
My Bios Date is 09/17 2019.

Where is the difference between your file and that from the video? I see that you are using iMAC 14.3 and he is using iMac 14.2.

Sleep, Wake From Sleep and Audio is still not working.
The funny thing is, that Audio was exact one time working after a restart. But i did not changed anything on the audio settings.

and check the bios!

I was going to ask thet next lol

The bios date is 12/24/2014

Which would be the best version to upgrade to?

I am just running some tests to check the CPU temps after I cleaned everything and re applied the thermal paste. I have to say I am pretty pleased with this machine for what I paid.

I was going to ask thet next lol

The bios date is 12/24/2014

Which would be the best version to upgrade to?

I am just running some tests to check the CPU temps after I cleaned everything and re applied the thermal paste. I have to say I am pretty pleased with this machine for what I paid.

I figured out the issue with the bios update: See the 3rd post for details. 2014 should be good for now, you can update it with Windows auto detect feature just make sure to select the windows 7,8 support box.

I figured out the issue with the bios update: See the 3rd post for details. 2014 should be good for now, you can update it with Windows auto detect feature just make sure to select the windows 7,8 support box.

Thank you,

I will leave the bios where it is for now. Did you use the Lenovo windows update tool for updating the bios? I haven't installed yet but I am looking at it now.

Thank you,

I will leave the bios where it is for now. Did you use the Lenovo windows update tool for updating the bios? I haven't installed yet but I am looking at it now.
Yes, I posted a link to it. It’s real easy as long as your in windows. I’m testing now with the updated bios and I may be having issues with sleep wake it seems to reboot. It was absolutely perfect in the older bios.

Yes, I posted a link to it. It’s real easy as long as your in windows. I’m testing now with the updated bios and I may be having issues with sleep wake it seems to reboot. It was absolutely perfect in the older bios.
I am going to give this a go in the morning, I already have a Catalina install USB that I used for my Lattitude 6430U. Do I need to just replace the entire EFI folder with the one I downloaded from this thread? I know I also have to delete the SSDT.aml

I would then have to create a new SSDT.aml using one of the guides you mentioned for my i5 4570

I am going to give this a go in the morning, I already have a Catalina install USB that I used for my Lattitude 6430U. Do I need to just replace the entire EFI folder with the one I downloaded from this thread? I know I also have to delete the SSDT.aml

I would then have to create a new SSDT.aml using one of the guides you mentioned for my i5 4570

yes, give it a go. The SSDT is not a big deal it just helps long term for power management and efficiency.

Swap out the EFI and it should boot up. Edit the config.plist of the EFI and add serial # etc prior to install so you log in to Apple with a good system.

Back