Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@artooks, I followed @CaseySJ's thread and still do closely. If you scroll down to his Final Steps you will see what his folder looks like. I don't believe I used all of his kexts however, you can do a search on our conversations in his thread, and it should answer a lot of your questions. I am at work not, but if you still need some help when I get home later I could upload screenshots of my folders.

Good Luck!
Thank you very much I will read it, thanks for pointing out.

Hi, Everyone,

I am really trying to understand the kexts, UEFIdrivers64 and Clover boot options, know some of them but do not know most of them, could not find enough info about them either, can you please tell me if these, kexts, UEFIdrivers64 and Clover boot options enough for Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard, is there unnecessary ones, do I miss any other apart from these ?

For the Kext I guess those are the ones located in your L/E folder?
From my hackintosh knowledge (which I estimate very low when compared others on this forum including @CaseySJ

AppleALC: is a Lilu plug-in that is to say AppleALC uses the patching Engine Lilu, to correctly inject the audio. Patching audio can also be done through Clover. But it is strongly recommended that audio is injected through AppleALC. I can provide you a picture on the differences in clover configurator if one uses clover or AppleALC for audio Injection.

WhateverGreen (or WEG): same story as for AppleALC, it is a Lilu plug-in but for graphics! and also here it is recommended to inject graphics through WEG and not through Clover (although this is still possible my guess clover injection for graphics and audio will soon disappear). It is advised to have Lilu and WEG also installed in the kext/other folder

Linked to this I see that you have installed NoVPAJpeg.kext. Is your IGPU disabled (or on auto) in the BIOS? I guess you installed it because you had the preview function not working isnt'it? This kext is (I think) enabling preview through the discrete GPU (DGPU).

FakeSMC.kext: absolutely necessary to allow MacOS to boot. It is advised to have this in both the L/E and in the Kext/other folder (BTW, when you have kext installed in both L/E and Kext/others), best is to set clover to "detect" and not "inject" so that clover will not inject the kexts in kext/other when present in L/E (see screenshot).

FakeSMC_XXXXSensors: are not mandatory kext. these kexts are necessary for getting access to the sensors for cpu temperature, cpu usage, and a few other goodies. When installed you will be able to use the HWmonitor app (see picture, left icone)

IntelMausiEthernet: this is the driver for the Ethernet. keep it.

USBinjectAll: as per the definition found in MuliBeast: Rehabman’s USB device injector. May be required for UEFI motherboards that use uncommon XHCI device IDs or don't enable all XHCI ports in DSDT/SSDT. Installs USBInjectAll.kext in /Library/Extensions/. Without this you will have problems using the USB ports... so keep it. Link to this but not visible in /L/E/ is the USB port limit removal patch. This was already discussed but in a nutshell, the port limit patch removal is not a viable solution on the long run. Rather we have to create a customized SSDT for USB.

EFICheckDisabler.kext: I really don't know what this is....

Well that's it! Looks OK to me at least for graphics, audio and usb but of course you might have other devices in your configuration.

Any BT devices?

hope this helps!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-05-21 à 21.16.01.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-05-21 à 21.16.01.png
    867 KB · Views: 103
  • Capture d’écran 2019-05-21 à 21.30.07.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-05-21 à 21.30.07.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
For the Kext I guess those are the ones located in your L/E folder?
From my hackintosh knowledge (which I estimate very low when compared others on this forum including @CaseySJ

AppleALC: is a Lilu plug-in that is to say AppleALC uses the patching Engine Lilu, to correctly inject the audio. Patching audio can also be done through Clover. But it is strongly recommended that audio is injected through AppleALC. I can provide you a picture on the differences in clover configurator if one uses clover or AppleALC for audio Injection.

WhateverGreen (or WEG): same story as for AppleALC, it is a Lilu plug-in but for graphics! and also here it is recommended to inject graphics through WEG and not through Clover (although this is still possible my guess clover injection for graphics and audio will soon disappear). It is advised to have Lilu and WEG also installed in the kext/other folder

Linked to this I see that you have installed NoVPAJpeg.kext. Is your IGPU disabled (or on auto) in the BIOS? I guess you installed it because you had the preview function not working isnt'it? This kext is (I think) enabling preview through the discrete GPU (DGPU).

FakeSMC.kext: absolutely necessary to allow MacOS to boot. It is advised to have this in both the L/E and in the Kext/other folder (BTW, when you have kext installed in both L/E and Kext/others), best is to set clover to "detect" and not "inject" so that clover will not inject the kexts in kext/other when present in L/E (see screenshot).

FakeSMC_XXXXSensors: are not mandatory kext. these kexts are necessary for getting access to the sensors for cpu temperature, cpu usage, and a few other goodies. When installed you will be able to use the HWmonitor app (see picture, left icone)

IntelMausiEthernet: this is the driver for the Ethernet. keep it.

USBinjectAll: as per the definition found in MuliBeast: Rehabman’s USB device injector. May be required for UEFI motherboards that use uncommon XHCI device IDs or don't enable all XHCI ports in DSDT/SSDT. Installs USBInjectAll.kext in /Library/Extensions/. Without this you will have problems using the USB ports... so keep it. Link to this but not visible in /L/E/ is the USB port limit removal patch. This was already discussed but in a nutshell, the port limit patch removal is not a viable solution on the long run. Rather we have to create a customized SSDT for USB.

EFICheckDisabler.kext: I really don't know what this is....

Well that's it! Looks OK to me at least for graphics, audio and usb but of course you might have other devices in your configuration.

Any BT devices?

hope this helps!
Thank you very much this was very helpful

Hi,

I used your SSDT file to see if it works on my motherboard, I have the USBInjectAll.kext in the kext file, also I copied your SSDT.aml file to CLOVER>ACPI>Patched folder, I tested it with a usb 2.0 stick, the back red port did not enabled, which is what you stated in the USB Map, can I ask you in my config.plist in Kernel and Kext Patches I see these, you said that we have to remove the port limit, do I have to do it here as well if so how do I do it I do not know, can you please check ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 18.56.55.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 18.56.55.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 78
Hi,

I used your SSDT file to see if it works on my motherboard, I have the USBInjectAll.kext in the kext file, also I copied your SSDT.aml file to CLOVER>ACPI>Patched folder, I tested it with a usb 2.0 stick, the back red port did not enabled, which is what you stated in the USB Map, can I ask you in my config.plist in Kernel and Kext Patches I see these, you said that we have to remove the port limit, do I have to do it here as well if so how do I do it I do not know, can you please check ?

Hi @artooks,
Not sure to understand:
  • Do you want to reactivate the HS01 so that you can use USB 2.0 sticks on the red port in the backplate?
if yes, then another port will have to be disabled to keep the usb ports to 15 imposed by MacOS. if this is the case let me know which one and I'll customize the ssdt file for you
  • Do you want to disable the port limit removal patch?
As you have the ssdt in the patched folder than you should and for that you simply have to check the "disabled" checkbox for the first 3 lines as shown below.

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 18.56.55_LI.jpg

Hope this helps

Hi @artooks,
Not sure to understand:
  • Do you want to reactivate the HS01 so that you can use USB 2.0 sticks on the red port in the backplate?
if yes, then another port will have to be disabled to keep the usb ports to 15 imposed by MacOS. if this is the case let me know which one and I'll customize the ssdt file for you
As you have the ssdt in the patched folder than you should and for that you simply have to check the "disabled" checkbox for the first 3 lines as shown below.

View attachment 407804

Hope this helps

Hi,

I would be very happy if you could make a slight change in your SSDT folder, because yours mainly is
very well organized, I would not be using the usb-c port so if you can completely disable the usb-c port
and enable HS01, I would be grateful this is all I need. Thanks

Hi @artooks,
Not sure to understand:

View attachment 407804

Hope this helps
Thank you,

so after I instal the SSDT file to CLOVER>ACPI>Patched folder the only thing that I have to do is to
go and disable these three lines, is that correct ?, do I have to do anything else to finish the process. ?
Thank you very much for your help much appreciated.

Hi,

I would be very happy if you could make a slight change in your SSDT folder, because yours mainly is
very well organized, I would not be using the usb-c port so if you can completely disable the usb-c port
and enable HS01, I would be grateful this is all I need. Thanks

Hi @artooks,

Please try the attached ssdt.
Modifications:
  • HS01 enabled -> type A red USB ports shall normally be able to load USB2 and USB3 sticks
  • SS02 disabled -> type C USB devices wont tbe loaded on that port (even USB3 sticks)
Copy it to the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-Z390M-Gaming_Artooks.aml
    699 bytes · Views: 95
Thank you,

so after I instal the SSDT file to CLOVER>ACPI>Patched folder the only thing that I have to do is to
go and disable these three lines, is that correct ?, do I have to do anything else to finish the process. ?
Thank you very much for your help much appreciated.

Correct! Nothing else to do!
If everything is Ok than you shall see only ONLY the enabled 15 ports in IoReg for XHCI like in the example below

Hi @artooks,

Please try the attached ssdt.
Modifications:
  • HS01 enabled -> type A red USB ports shall normally be able to load USB2 and USB3 sticks
  • SS02 disabled -> type C USB devices wont tbe loaded on that port (even USB3 sticks)
Copy it to the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder
Hi,

Thank you very much just checked it, everything looks ok, except I did not see SS01 in I/O, I do not have an USB 3 flash it will come in a few days so I cannot check it, but if you can check, I will be more than happy, thank's alot you really helped me alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back