Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @artooks,

Please try the attached ssdt.
Modifications:
  • HS01 enabled -> type A red USB ports shall normally be able to load USB2 and USB3 sticks
  • SS02 disabled -> type C USB devices wont tbe loaded on that port (even USB3 sticks)
Copy it to the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder

Hi,

I just checked the ports with my USB stick the HS01 show in I/O but when I insert the usb it does not show it, just to let you know.

Hi,

I just checked the ports with my USB stick the HS01 show in I/O but when I insert the usb it does not show it, just to let you know.
Apologies, made a mistake on the port address, I guess there was a conflict between HS01 and SS01
try this SSDT.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-Z390M-Gaming_Artooks_02.aml
    699 bytes · Views: 136
Dear @mmaira Today I received my USB 3.0 flash drive. I checked with all ports. The ones that enabled USB 3.0 all showed as SS in I/O registry, but in real life tests I copied and compared the write speeds which was almost the same as the USB 2 ports. Do I have to enable something to make these ports work? Thanks.

Hello @artooks

Normally there is nothing else to do. The ports are configured as per being either USB2 (code 0) or USB3 (code 3). The type C usb 3 port code is either 9 or 10 but this port has been disabled in your customized ssdt. Write and Read speeds of USB3 flash drive really depend on the manufacturer, and better to buy drives that are guaranteed for a certain speed. For example the Samsung Bar plus 32 GB has a certified write speed up to 300 MB/s
This is the drive recommended by @CaseySJ in his guide, and you can see his benchmark here with this flash drive:
I have exactly the same drive that I tested now on the front panel ports SS07 and SS08 as well as on the back panel port SS01 (red type A port). In all three cases I got always very similar write (around 25 MB/s) and read (around 215 Mb/s) speeds which is very good, and very close to @CaseySJs' scores

Attachments

• SS01.png
    SS01.png
    348.7 KB · Views: 110
  • SS07.png
    SS07.png
    348.4 KB · Views: 118
  • SS08.png
    SS08.png
    348.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
And here is a bench from an old USB 3.0 Kingston Datatraveler G4 16GB flash drive: almost 10 fold slower on read speed compared to the Samsung drive on port SS08....

Attachments

• SS08_Kingston.png
    SS08_Kingston.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 99
Hi,

I got kingston 16 GB DT50 and all I can get is 5Mb/sec
Hello @artooks,
Is this write or read speed?
According to this site, your USB stick will maximally operate at 5 and 30 MB/s write and read speeds, respectively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back