Contribute
Register

[Success] Ivy Bridge i5-3570K GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB GeForce 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind on my question... Great build btw! :thumbup:

RonaldWayne said:
Not Working:
App Store, BlueTooth, WB WiFi Card included w/ Mobo (using Ethernet, which is working),

Clarification, App Store launches but I can't sign in (says "unverified computer").

Bluetooth is not working. Devices are never found.

Hi Ronald,

My build is quite similar.

Have you tried taking out the wifi/bluetooth (combined?) card and using only the USB dongle? I'm using the tiny Sabrent USB bluetooth dongle which works well natively (I'm using it with the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Trackpad).

I'm not using a DSDT which I believe is what Tonymac recommends as well.

I had the same issue with the App Store in the beginning. I can't quite remember how I solved it but vaguely remember deleting the LAN cards from preferences and changing the system definition (Mac Pro 3,1). I found the solution in this forum. If I remember exactly what I did I'll let you know.

martijnr said:
RonaldWayne said:
Not Working:
App Store, BlueTooth, WB WiFi Card included w/ Mobo (using Ethernet, which is working),

Clarification, App Store launches but I can't sign in (says "unverified computer").

Bluetooth is not working. Devices are never found.

Hi Ronald,

My build is quite similar.

Have you tried taking out the wifi/bluetooth (combined?) card and using only the USB dongle? I'm using the tiny Sabrent USB bluetooth dongle which works well natively (I'm using it with the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Trackpad).

I'm not using a DSDT which I believe is what Tonymac recommends as well.

I had the same issue with the App Store in the beginning. I can't quite remember how I solved it but vaguely remember deleting the LAN cards from preferences and changing the system definition (Mac Pro 3,1). I found the solution in this forum. If I remember exactly what I did I'll let you know.

Can you post a link to the specific Sabrent USB bluetooth dongle that you are using? Thanks!

martijnr said:

Thanks! Purchased! Now bluetooth keyboard and trackpad are working with Sabrent bluetooth adapter but the keyboard is super slow. Its almost unusable also the connection goes in and out. I tried various 2.0 and 3.0 ports and there is no change. Any suggestions?

Also App Store is now working following your guys' steps. Thanks

Hey Martijnr,
Update: if I disconnect the trackpad the keyboard works fine. It appears the Sabrent bluetooth adapter cannot handle both the apple bluetooth keyboard and trackpad at simultaneously. Have you had similar experiences using multiple devices with the Sabrent?

Now I can't run GeekBench. When I run 32 or 64bit tests, I either get a Kernel Panic (grey restart system screen) or the system just reboots automatically. Clearly I have run GeekBench in the past, my score was posted on the beginning post. Any ideas?

Update: it seems to be causing kernel panic on the "Stream Copy" workload portion of Geekbench test. :banghead:

Update: After posting this update I relaunched and ran 64bit again and it completed entire bench process, scoring 11927. I did no tweaking to system in between these two Updates on this post. Weird

Update: just reran 64bit, figuring it was too good to be true and sure enough kernel panic, this time on "Mandelbrot" workload. Ugghhh. My hackintosh is so inconsistent. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back