Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> SUCCESS!! Intel i7 9700K, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus PRO Wifi, Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi guys, just wanted to tell you my experience building my first fully working Hackintosh PC
Attention: In this post I'll tell you my personal experience and the steps I made that worked out for me using my components, this is NOT a step by step guide. I'll leave links to the guides that helped me out a lot.
Keep in mind, I'm not an engineer, so for most of the steps I made, I had no clue of what was I doing, I'm currently studying Computer Science hoping that some day I'll understand.

Installed macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Components:
  • Intel Core i7-9700K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
  • Corsair Hydro H60
  • Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580 8GB
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb SSD pcle NVMe M.2
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32Gb
  • Corsair CX850M Semi-modular 850W (Power supply)
  • ABWB 802.1 1AC Wifi (PCI-E)
  • iogear GBU521 Bluetooth 3
Most of the components were chosen not just because of the performance but also because of their compatibility with macOS. Most of them were picked from Tonymacx86's Buyer's Guide. Since this has been my first build, I tried to buy components that just worked right out of the box. (And it did pretty much worked except for a few things.) But anyway, after a few days of configuring the EFI partition and setting everything up, I finally got my hackintosh running and operating with no problems so far.

WORKING Features
  • Ethernet Port
  • Sound with Optical Audio (Jack output works too)
  • WiFi
  • iMessages
  • AirDrop
  • iCloud
  • Hardware Acceleration AMD RX 580 / AMD Vega
  • Facetime
  • Handoff
  • Bluetooth
  • Continuity
  • USB 3.0 & 2.0

UEFI/BIOS Setup F10 version:

Enter BIOS → Press F12 → Enter Setup
• Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults

• BIOS → Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
• BIOS → CSM Support → Disabled

• Peripherals → Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot
• Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support → Disable
• Peripherals → Intel(R)Bios Guard → Intel BIOS Guard Support → Disable
• Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support → Enabled
• Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off → Enabled
• Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack → Disabled
• Peripherals → SATA And RST Configuration → SATA Mode Selection → AHCI

• Chipset → Vt-d → Enabled (can be enabled or disabled, your choice!)
• Chipset → Internal Graphics → Disabled
• Chipset → Audio Controller → Enabled
• Chipset → Above 4G Decoding → Disabled

• Power → Platform Power Management → Disabled
• Power → CEC 2019 Ready → Disabled
• Power → ErP → Disabled (can be enabled or disabled, your choice)
• Power → RC6 (Render Standby) → Disabled

Creating the Booteable USB

• Downloaded mac OS installer from App Store
  • Formatted the USB Drive with GUID Partition map (Otherwise it wouldn't work)
  • Created the booteable USB with Unibeast
Kexts I used for the install:
  • AppleALC
  • IntelMausiEthernet
  • Lilu
  • SMCProcessor
  • SMCSuperIO
  • USBInjectAll
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen

Installing macOS Mojave
This step took me a while since I manually installed Clover in the Flash Drive and the computer wouldn't run the macOS installer
  1. Insert the flash drive in a USB 3.0 Port for the installation
  2. Power on PC and press F12, choose bootable USB drive from boot menu
  3. Select: Boot from macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave
  4. BE PATIENT AND WAIT, DON'T PANIC!
  5. Once the installer is running, go to Utilities - Disk Utility
  6. Format the internal drive in macOS Extended, GUID Partition Map
  7. Install macOS
  8. Once the computer restarts, boot from the USB drive and select: "Boot MacOS Install from (your disk's name)" at Clover's boot menu
  9. The installation will go on and once it finished, it'll reboot on it's own
  10. Boot again from the USB drive and select "Boot macOS Install from (your disk's name)" at Clover's boot menu once again
  11. Complete the initial macOS configuration
macOS Post-Installation
Once I installed the OS, came the hardest part, to make it stable and booteable.
By this point, this were the things that worked: Wifi, Bluetooth, Audio (They were functional right out of the box)
This are the steps I made to get it running:
  1. Open Clover Configurator
  2. Install a serial number for my Mac and set it as a iMac 19.1 (I read it was one of the best choices for my hardware configuration)
  3. Install a MLB Code
  4. Set the CPU type to 0x0705 (This is done because the system initially recognises the processor as a core i9, this step gets back the i7 in About this mac
  5. (I'll attach the screenshots of my Clover Configuration so that you can see my exact settings)
  6. Made the USB Mapping (I'll leave the guide I read down bellow, it explains it way better than I'd do, most of the issues I went through such as auto rebooting and forbidden sign were fixed after I made this step) This is the map I used
  7. Post_USBMap_Schematic.png
  8. Once the Mac runs stable BACKUP!!!!!
I'll leave screenshots of the Clover Configuration I made so that you can see all my settings

EFI Folder post-install
Kexts:
  1. AppleALC.kext
  2. IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  3. Lilu.kext
  4. SMCProcessor.kext
  5. SMCSuperIO.kext
  6. USBMap.kext
  7. VirtualSMC.kext
  8. WhateverGreen.kext
ACPI:
  1. SSDT-PMC.aml
  2. SSDT-PMC.dsl
  3. SSDT-PNLF.dsl
  4. SSDT-USBX.aml
  5. SSDT-USBX.dsl

Problems
The installer showed the message "Couldn't allocate runtime are" and the installation wouldn't start. Solved by switching through OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000, OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix2Drv drivers and see which on of those work (Then you should stop using them since I read that they may cause a severe damage in your memory). Also, added slide=0 kernel flag to the Boot Arguments in Clover's config.plist

Forbidden sign when powering on the system. Solved by installing Mac OS once again, something seemed to be wrong in the configuration of the config.plist, I guess it was something about the serial number (not sure) but in the end, I just set a new serial number, and configured my mac as iMac 19.1. Then I still hadn't fixed my USB ports so I made the USB Map and booted normally

The Display Port started failing after a few days, the screen went black for a few seconds and then it came back. At first it happened every 5 days, until one day it stayed black for over 20 minutes, so I switched to HDMI and I didn't have blackouts ever since

Links to guides that helped me out a lot
Huge thanks to them!

Hope this will help you out if you're trying to build a hackintosh!

Attachments

• Clover Screenshots.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Hi,

I'm doing a build at the moment on this motherboard with an ASUS Radeon RX580, and I'm seeing something weird.

When I set up the BIOS as you describe, the display stops working. I can't even get into the BIOS at boot. I have to clear the CMOS in order to get it working again.

I think it might be the "BIOS → CSM Support → Disabled" setting.

Updating the BIOS to the latest version didn't help.

Last edited:
Hi! Try using Internal graphics enabled are you connecting the display via HDMI? From the board or the graphics card?

Hi,

I'm doing a build at the moment on this motherboard with an ASUS Radeon RX580, and I'm seeing something weird.

When I set up the BIOS as you describe, the display stops working. I can't even get into the BIOS at boot. I have to clear the CMOS in order to get it working again.

Hi! Try using Internal graphics enabled are you connecting the display via HDMI? From the board or the graphics card?

• AppleALC
  • IntelMausiEthernet
  • Lilu
  • SMCProcessor
  • SMCSuperIO
  • USBInjectAll
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
What do you mean "for the install"? Were these on your Unibeast-made disk's EFI partition?

I have the display connected by both DisplayPort and HDMI. From the graphics card. Same with both.

Internal graphics are disabled.

The weird thing is that sometimes the screen will be black for a long time and then it lights up, first with garbled graphics on the left, and then it continues with the installation. And then it restarts and is black again.

• AppleALC
  • IntelMausiEthernet
  • Lilu
  • SMCProcessor
  • SMCSuperIO
  • USBInjectAll
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
What do you mean "for the install"? Were these on your Unibeast-made disk's EFI partition?
Exactly, this are the kext files I had in my USB drive

I have the display connected by both DisplayPort and HDMI. From the graphics card. Same with both.

Internal graphics are disabled.

The weird thing is that sometimes the screen will be black for a long time and then it lights up, first with garbled graphics on the left, and then it continues with the installation. And then it restarts and is black again.
I had a similar issue, during installation, I solved it by buying a Display Port to HDMI adapter and plugging it to the graphics card, that solved the issue back then, a few days later the screen became black for a few seconds from time to time, to I switched back to HDMI and the problem was solved.

Thank you for sharing! Successfully built my latest hackintosh based on your notes and collected guides. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back