Contribute
Register

[Success] Install Ventura on the HP ProDesk 600 G3 with OC 0.8.6

Actually, I was running Big Sur/Monterey for a while, then I realized I lost my hevc encoding on the Newer macOS!
So long Story Short this machine is Mojave running OpenCore 0.8.0!

This happened two days ago. This is now my encoding/decoding machine!

I stumbled upon MEBx by hitting ESC on boot menu and then F6. I should have read your earlier post more carefully and the HP reference you provided.

Last edited:
That message is valuable, it's telling you that none of the changes you made in BIOS are sticking with a reboot. It's reverting back to defaults. Seems to be a common problem with HP G2, G3, G4 models.

Did you install a new CMOS battery before the install ? If not you can check what you've got with a multimeter or a coin cell battery tester. If the battery is ok (at least 3.2v or more) then it will likely require an RTC patch/fix. @sonicman66 may be able to elaborate on this topic. I'm not currently using any HP desktops presently.

Here's the patch that many HP owners have added to their OC config.plist. RTC IRQ 8.

View attachment 558472
@trs96 Just re-reading your past posts....this patch is included in the patches created by SSDTTime and I added them all to my config.plist. This is still for OC 0.8.6 and Ventura. Can you please check for anything obvious in the EFI?

Attachments

• myEFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
I don't recall what SMBIOS you get when using Multibeast for Catalina, is it iMac14,2 ? It's probably not 18,2 or 18,3 so you can change the SMBIOS to that for a better match. You can edit the Clover config.plist with Plist Edit Pro. I would also check which ig-platform-id you're currently using and change it to the best one for your HD630 iGPU.
@trs96 No sure what you mean. HD630 in working fine. I could not find ig-platform-id in Clover config.plist.

This is still for OC 0.8.6 and Ventura
If you don't have success booting this yet, try an older OC version. Possibly even with Monterey. 0.8.4 or 0.8.5 work with Ventura too.
HD630 in working fine. I could not find ig-platform-id in Clover config.plist.
If it's working in Catalina, nothing else you need to do then.

So far I have also tried Ventura with OC 0.8.5 and 0.8.3 which hang at exactly same place as OC 0.8.6.

Monterey with OC 0.8.6,5,3 and all hang at the same point as Ventura.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong, maybe just the same one cause. Not sure what next with OC. Maybe use Debug release, or time for Clover?

Catalina with 0.8.3 panics immediately and goes (after a few line) to a reboot loop after selecting the Install boot menu item. I attached the output and EFI.

Attachments

• myEFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
See if adding these two SMC kexts helps. Declare both in the config.plist before trying to boot.

Attachments

• SMC kexts.zip
    49.5 KB · Views: 23
I took a look at the desktop graphics support for HD630 and UHD630 in Ventura. Looks to all be there.
The KBL kexts and driver bundles are all present.

Support for Integrated Intel Graphics in Ventura

CFL
= Coffee Lake (Desktop 8th, 9th, 10th gen)

AppleIntel CFL GraphicsFramebuffer.kext
AppleIntel CFL GraphicsVAME.bundle

AppleIntel GraphicsShared.bundle

KBL = Kaby Lake (Desktop 7th gen)

AppleIntel KBL Graphics.kext
AppleIntel KBL GraphicsFramebuffer.kext
AppleIntel KBL GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntel KBL GraphicsMTLDriver.bundle
AppleIntel KBL GraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntel KBL GraphicsVAME.bundle

So most of these problems with the HP G3 and Monterey/Ventura are ACPI related. Not sure why this model is the polar opposite compared to the HP 6300/8300 desktops. Major changes probably started with Skylake and carried over to KBL too.

See if adding these two SMC kexts helps. Declare both in the config.plist before trying to boot.
Added and updated config.plist. Same result but I get panic log.

Attachments

• PXL_20221122_135010686.jpg
    PXL_20221122_135010686.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
  • opencore-2022-11-22-084838.txt
    256 KB · Views: 14
  • panic-2022-11-22-084838.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 13
  • EFI-OC-0.8.6.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
Back