Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i9-9900K + Asus Z390-I Gaming + RX 5700 XT 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
This build helped me a lot in setting up my own. The only difference really is that my logic board is a Z390-F instead of a Z390-I. I used your EFI folder and just tweaked the Clover theme and everything seems to work perfectly with Quicksync and so on.

Have the same build as OP, and pasted in your EFI in place of default after creating the installer... However, after a successful installation, it will not fully boot into the OS. After the booting progress bar finishes, the PC just shuts down.

Any advice?

Nice post. Almost same hardware as yours.

Currently I hit one problem which is about IGPU acceloration. When exporting the video from Final cut pro, the IGPU is not working as below screen capture. However, transforming video with VideoProc, the IGPU is working.

Any idea?
截屏2020-02-0520.16.27.png

Nice post. Almost same hardware as yours.

Currently I hit one problem which is about IGPU acceloration. When exporting the video from Final cut pro, the IGPU is not working as below screen capture. However, transforming video with VideoProc, the IGPU is working.

Any idea?

Try setting ig-platform-id to 0x3E980003, the IGPU works for me with FPC exports and that was pretty much the only thing I changed in the plist.

I'm a long time Hackintosh user. Built first one 8 years ago. Recently, I decided to update my rig so I got myself i9-9900K, Radeon 5700 XT & Asus mobo. I spent a whole day yesterday trying to install Catalina with 5700 XT but was always getting errors. Read countless posts, tried many different guides too. Last night I was fed up but this morning I came across your post... Installed it without any errors the first time with Your EFI.

You da man!!!! Thank you so much for posting it.

Last edited:
lele90's Build:
i9-9900K + Asus Z390-I Gaming + RX 5700 XT

Hello,

Thanks for your EFI! I had lots of trouble to get my Skylake system with RX 5700 XT 50th anniversary running. With your configuration finally the GPU is recognized properly, no chance with VirtualSMC and couldn’t get it to run with FakeSMC by myself.

Good work!
Cheers

Now Apple tv+ works as well :)

Hey lele90, thanks so much for uploading your EFI, it worked a treat for me as well! I have the same hardware but with a 9700k.

My 5700XT is the MSI Mech OC variant and I had problems installing Catalina 10.15.2 with the GPU in the PCIe slot. I kept hanging on "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3...". I had to remove the GPU and install using the IGPU. After I had installed Catalina on my NVME drive I reinserted the GPU and everything worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back