Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i9-9900K + Asus Z390-I Gaming + RX 5700 XT 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi men, I'm now using a build like you, not exactly the same but with more or less the same graphics, an rx 5700, and the system works perfectly, but I'm not able to install catalina with this card, I had to install it with the internal cpu graphics, my question is if this happened to you and if have another solution. (Because if this happened on the installation may could happen on any update)
Initially, when I configured my PC and installed Catalina, I did not have my 5700 XT... I bought it later...

Just tested the iPad sidecar functionality... it works properly! :)

Someone updated this configuration to macOS 10.15.4. Does it work stably?

I tried yesterday successfully.

Tell me, do you have any problems with sleep mode?

My computer can sometimes wake up at night without turning on the screen, and then go to sleep again after a few minutes. This problem sometimes occurs several times during the night, and sometimes it does not exist at all.

This is definitely not Wi-Fi, Ethernet or Bluetooth. I tried to completely disable them, but no use.

Tell me, do you have any problems with sleep mode?

My computer can sometimes wake up at night without turning on the screen, and then go to sleep again after a few minutes. This problem sometimes occurs several times during the night, and sometimes it does not exist at all.

This is definitely not Wi-Fi, Ethernet or Bluetooth. I tried to completely disable them, but no use.

Sometimes also my PC wake up from sllep mode... but I have the same problem with Windows 10

Sometimes also my PC wake up from sllep mode... but I have the same problem with Windows 10
You will need to check sleep in Windows 10.

I think it’s the 5700 XT graphics card. When I used Intel graphics at 9900K, I did not notice such a problem.

I think that the problem can be solved in the BIOS settings, but I don’t know exactly how. Maybe you should try setting PCI Express from 4.0 to 3.0. It seems to be solving some problems with the 5700 XT graphics card.

Last version provided with Asus doc.
Can you share tour BIOS settings ?

USB drive
BIOS settings
EFI
and ready to rock right ?

Can you please share your BIOS settings ?

Hi! I have just completed a new build with Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming and RX 5700 XT. Everything works perfectly, apart from the shutdown that does not convince me.
When I turn off/restart the machine, the display stays on and shows the desktop background and the dock until the shutdown process is complete, does it happen to you too?
On the other two builds I have, the screen turns black after selecting shutdown/restart..

@lele90 Have you overclocked your processor?

I'm just wondering why my processor at factory settings 30-60 seconds after starting some kind of test, like AIDA on Windows, reduces the frequency to 3.6 GHz, and remains there until the end of the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back