Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-770 - GA-Z270XP-SLI - 16GB RAM - GTX-970

Status
Not open for further replies.
My motherboard is already in the f5 version but I can not boot, appears the forbidden signal how would you put the photo of the bios configuration screens?

Yes everything seems to work, it even goes to sleep. That kind of freaked me out at first.

My reasoning for non-K:
I don't plan on overclocking this machine.
- It's fast enough for the software development I do.
- It's capable of running every game available today.
- It's less money out of my pocket.

Until Apple hardware catches up, for compatibility, this build is bound to the SMBIOS iMac17,1

On the bright side, I will have legit options for upgrading this beast. (processor, graphics, and memory)
It's almost hard to remember the last time it was cheaper to upgrade than buy new.

Last, but definitely not least...
"4.20GHz sounds better than 4.50GHz", I thought to myself as I inhaled... :mrgreen: ... click... done.​
I am stuck on the Black screen. I was redirecting my Machintosh HD(MHD) of the previous 775 processor to 1151.
I managed to boot MHD, and I changed according to your guide:
iMac 17.1
web drivers are already installed, then changed to web drivers.
config- nvdrv=1, CPU is in skylake.
IntelMuasi installed using kext wizard via HP ProBook.
I need other kexts to pass the black screen

My Bios Settings:

Bios Updated to F5: GA-Z270-XP-SLI
M.I.T.>Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) = Disabled(Profile1 after, there is no Enabled)

Bios>Fast Boot = Disabled
Bios>Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
Bios>LAN PXE Boot Option ROM = Disabled
Bios>Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI Only
Bios>Other PCI devices = UEFI

Peripherals>Initial Display Output = PCIe 1 Slot (if graphics card installed) or IGFX (otherwise)
Peripherals>Super IO Configuration>Serial Port = Disabled
Peripherals>Super IO Configuration>Parallel Port = Disabled
Peripherals>Network Stack Configuration = Disabled
Peripherals>USB Configuration>XHCI Hand-off = Enabled

Chipset>VT-d= Disabled
Chipset>IOAPIC 24-119 Entries = Enabled
Chipset>Internal Graphics = Auto

My Clover configurator just updated to version 4.43.0. The SSDT has been moved to Acpi but i dont know how to set it up to iMac 17,1. Theres only check boxes and drop down menus.

I'm trying this Sierra. Everything installed successfully. However, I cannot boot the NMVE drive with Clover. I tried all options with osxaptiofixdrv but it everything gave an error and would not boot. Do you have a solution for this?

EDIT: I've since gotten everything to work!

Last edited:
Hi! I have pretty much same config:
GA-Z270XP-SLI
core i7-7700K

Can you tell more about your "Airport 5G Wifi 3-piece solution"?
Does it require to fit one board to another, and then whole thing to another one board?
iMessage, Facetime works with this network setup?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm trying this Sierra. Everything installed successfully. However, I cannot boot the NMVE drive with Clover. I tried all options with osxaptiofixdrv but it everything gave an error and would not boot. Do you have a solution for this?

EDIT: I've since gotten everything to work!

@arcticbear07 @debauchery1st (or anyone else with insight!) I'm attempting to install a new system with the same board & a i7-7700K, but I'm unable to get the High Sierra installer to recognize my internal SATA drives. All runs fine up to that point, but Disk Utility only shows the USB thumb drive - not anything connected to my internal SATA controller. I've tried a variety of drives, countless Clover configs, and a number of BIOS options with no luck.

I'm curious to hear from anyone rocking the GA-Z270XP-SLI - what SATA port did you connect your target drive to (I've tried 0, 4, and 5 but none were recognized)?

What bios version were you running? (I'm on f7)

Did you encounter any difficulty getting your internal SATA drives recognized by Disk Utility and if so how did you resolve it?

UPDATE / EDIT: Turns out this was due to a known bug with the Disk Utility that comes in the install app! I simply needed to drop to Terminal and use DiskUtil from the command line to format my SSD. That's 6 hours of my life I wish I had back - paying it forward.

Last edited:
Thanks for this guide debauchery1st, I used it + the vanilla Installation Guide for Sierra, and am now up and running with Kaby Lake, Sierra 12.6! One question: do you have any ideas about using thunderbolt? I specifically bought this motherboard to have access to Thunderbolt as well as SLI if I wanted to be "future proof".

@arcticbear07 @debauchery1st (or anyone else with insight!) I'm attempting to install a new system with the same board & a i7-7700K, but I'm unable to get the High Sierra installer to recognize my internal SATA drives. All runs fine up to that point, but Disk Utility only shows the USB thumb drive - not anything connected to my internal SATA controller. I've tried a variety of drives, countless Clover configs, and a number of BIOS options with no luck.

I'm curious to hear from anyone rocking the GA-Z270XP-SLI - what SATA port did you connect your target drive to (I've tried 0, 4, and 5 but none were recognized)?

What bios version were you running? (I'm on f7)

Did you encounter any difficulty getting your internal SATA drives recognized by Disk Utility and if so how did you resolve it?

UPDATE / EDIT: Turns out this was due to a known bug with the Disk Utility that comes in the install app! I simply needed to drop to Terminal and use DiskUtil from the command line to format my SSD. That's 6 hours of my life I wish I had back - paying it forward.

I have this same board and chip. I ran into the same install issue with the drive and used terminal to fix and get OS installed. I can boot to the target drive with my UniBeast USB drive but I cannot for the life of me get it to boot direct from the target disk following MultiBeast install. I'm going crazy!!!

Success!!! Finally!

Attachments

• About This Mac.png
    About This Mac.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Device Specs.png
    Device Specs.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Geekbench Score.png
    Geekbench Score.png
    104 KB · Views: 129
  • Graphics Score.png
    Graphics Score.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 130
I have the same board and CPU: GA Z270xp-sli & intel i7 7700k. and AMD RX 580 graphics card.

My computer goes to sleep and wakes up. But the problem is that, when it wakes up, it is super slow and the sound and video are slowed down and chopped. Basically, it becomes a useless computer after coming back from sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back