Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-770 - GA-Z270XP-SLI - 16GB RAM - GTX-970

Status
Not open for further replies.
@debauchery1st does youR LAN work? Your mother board has the same chip as mine z270x-ud5. Although I can't get my LAN port to work correctly.

Yes, it works using the IntelMausiEthernet kext I linked to in the instructions.

Yes, it works using the IntelMausiEthernet kext I linked to in the instructions.
Thanks for the reply, I tried that already but for some reason it won't stick. I'm gonna try and do another clean install just and try that kext again.

Notice the DDR4 RAM running at 2133 (or 2132 as System Report would have it!) Are you running it slower than its rated 3000mhz by choice? This is something I'm doing in my own build, just for added reliability and not actually having the need to run it faster yet.

The BIOS on this board has a setting for "eXtreme Memory Profile"
It is set to disabled by "optimized defaults". I left it that way. (I too have no need for the speed boost)

However, After reading your question, I enabled it in the BIOS and the OS still reports 2132.
max RAM speed may also be bound to the SMBIOS definition's maximum speed.

Once Apple catches up, we'll know for sure!

in Clover Configurator you need to enable XMP profile in boot

i had this same issue - 3000mhz ram would display at 2132. enabling this fixes it (well it displays at 2998mhz but ya' know...) :thumbup:

in Clover Configurator you need to enable XMP profile in boot

i had this same issue - 3000mhz ram would display at 2132. enabling this fixes it (well it displays at 2998mhz but ya' know...) :thumbup:
Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 1.23.58 PM.png

Nice catch. Thanks for the tip!

Nice, I'm planning the same build myself but it's a bit tricky to choose the board that be the closest to Apple's kaby lake update. So thank you for the info you're sharing.

Any particular reason to go with El Capitan instead of Sierra? ssh-agent? :D

@debauchery1st
2. Open Clover Configurator
a. mount (USB) EFI partition
b. load config.plist from (USB) EFI
c. “Kernel and Kext Patches” -> FakeCPUID -> 0x0506E3
“Boot” -> nv_disable=1
“SSDT” -> iMac 17,1
d. save and exit (leave partition mounted)

How do I configure in Clover Configurator the “SSDT” -> iMac 17,1?

What bios configuration did you use?

I think it had BIOS version f2 when I first installed everything.

I have, since then, upgraded the BIOS to version f5 and upgraded to Sierra 10.12.4 through the app store.

You may even be able to install Sierra from usb with BIOS version f5.

I think it had BIOS version f2 when I first installed everything.

I have, since then, upgraded the BIOS to version f5 and upgraded to Sierra 10.12.4 through the app store.

You may even be able to install Sierra from usb with BIOS version f5.

oks thanks

Yes everything seems to work, it even goes to sleep. That kind of freaked me out at first.

My reasoning for non-K:
I don't plan on overclocking this machine.
- It's fast enough for the software development I do.
- It's capable of running every game available today.
- It's less money out of my pocket.

Until Apple hardware catches up, for compatibility, this build is bound to the SMBIOS iMac17,1

On the bright side, I will have legit options for upgrading this beast. (processor, graphics, and memory)
It's almost hard to remember the last time it was cheaper to upgrade than buy new.

Last, but definitely not least...
"4.20GHz sounds better than 4.50GHz", I thought to myself as I inhaled... :mrgreen: ... click... done.​

I have:
Z270XP-SLI
16GB Ram
i7 6700 CPU
1TB 850 Evo SSD
GTX 770 MSI​

Could you please share and attach your EFI compressed folder since we similar build?
My 1TB is a Dual boot with Windows 10 and Sierra 10.11.6. So I need kext and everything. I will insert my own serials and mlb...thanks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back