Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, not sure if this thread is still active but I ran into a strange issue with my setup. I have not installed any updates, but starting yesterday when I have NVIDIA web drivers enabled I just get a black screen after the Apple logo boot screen. When I disable web drivers in Clover I am able to get into the OS but when I try to get into the NVIDIA preference pane, it prompts me to restart System Preferences. Once I do that it is just rinse and repeat and I cannot get into the preference pane. When I try to run the web drivers pkg installer I used before it says the installer cannot be run. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi everyone, not sure if this thread is still active but I ran into a strange issue with my setup. I have not installed any updates, but starting yesterday when I have NVIDIA web drivers enabled I just get a black screen after the Apple logo boot screen. When I disable web drivers in Clover I am able to get into the OS but when I try to get into the NVIDIA preference pane, it prompts me to restart System Preferences. Once I do that it is just rinse and repeat and I cannot get into the preference pane. When I try to run the web drivers pkg installer I used before it says the installer cannot be run. Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply @Feartech and a huge thank you. Do you know how I can install the 2020-05 and 2020-06 security updates by chance? I have tried both the App Store and downloading them manually without success. Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick reply @Feartech and a huge thank you. Do you know how I can install the 2020-05 and 2020-06 security updates by chance? I have tried both the App Store and downloading them manually without success. Thanks again.
haven't used High Sierra for a few years..

normally use system update or download the files manually and install them

when you say without success.... in what way...?

haven't used High Sierra for a few years..

normally use system update or download the files manually and install them

when you say without success.... in what way...?
It goes to the Apple logo boot screen like it wants to start installing the updates, but then it just says "Restarting" and the updates do not install.

It goes to the Apple logo boot screen like it wants to start installing the updates, but then it just says "Restarting" and the updates do not install.
Make sure that it restarts from the correct disk, that is the one with 'Install' in the name.

It has a habit of booting from the wrong drive during updates.

not sure, apart from making sure your kexts etc are up to date

Make sure that it restarts from the correct disk, that is the one with 'Install' in the name.

It has a habit of booting from the wrong drive during updates.
It looks like my only choices are the main boot drive and Recovery. Is there a way to manually select a drive that is not in the GUI? It's possible that I set other drives to be "hidden" as well at one point. I have to admit it's been awhile... Thanks!

It's possible that I set other drives to be "hidden" as well at one point.
At the Clover boot menu screen press the spacebar (if memory serves correctly).

Another possibility is that the update needs to perform a firmware update as part of the process and because your firmware version is stored in your config.plist it appears not to have happened.

There are two ways around this if it is indeed the problem.
1. Update the firmware information in the config.plist.
2. Update Clover and it will present the updated firmware info to the OS.

The second option is fraught with peril for the unwary as the in the newer versions of Clover the folder structure has changed.

There is also the addition of a Quirks section in the config.plist which means that you cannot just take your old config.plist and use it with newer versions of Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back