Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man, that is good news !

After enabling OC, I've lost USB 3. I am pretty sure it's after I enable auto OC. Disabling OC didn't get USB 3 back.
I think I should "re-inject" USB 3 into Clover. Don't sure how to do that but I will find out, if it is the right thing to do.

Thanks again for all your work and support. :clap:

Its realy easy to mess up an el Capitan install so yes overclock may have knocked out usb 3.0. You can try reinstalling.

Also dont thank me as im just relaying the message. Honestly all i know how to do is follow other peoples instructions, i just took all the information i gathered and anything i learned from trial and error, then i typed it up in this guide. Give the people like toleda, lokicat, tonymacx86 the real credit, as they have already posted everything in this guide. Then thank the creaters of clover, and whoever creates all the kexts we use. Im just doing my part to make the information all accessable from 1 page instead of needing to gather it from various sources

Also dont thank me as im just relaying the message. Honestly all i know how to do is follow other peoples instructions, i just took all the information i gathered and anything i learned from trial and error, then i typed it up in this guide. Give the people like toleda, lokicat, tonymacx86 the real credit, as they have already posted everything in this guide. Then thank the creaters of clover, and whoever creates all the kexts we use. Im just doing my part to make the information all accessable from 1 page instead of needing to gather it from various sources

You're right. But it happens that you are the one I am getting help from. I didn't get the chance to thanks people working 'upstream' from you, but I will if I do. What you did was what I needed thanks to my poor technical level. Thanks for your democratisation work.

You're right. But it happens that you are the one I am getting help from. I didn't get the chance to thanks people working 'upstream' from you, but I will if I do. What you did was what I needed thanks to my poor technical level. Thanks for your democratisation work.

thanks! Glad my guide helps! I was surprised I was the first to post it as all the information is already available. Even if no one saw this guide it always helps me because I redo installs sometimes and I always forget what I did. So it helps to have a full guide to read over when re installing

Guide updated 01/27/2016

now 100% working with 10.11.2 have not tried 10.11.3 nor do I plan on doing so until more information is available

Guide updated 01/27/2016

now 100% working with 10.11.2 have not tried 10.11.3 nor do I plan on doing so until more information is available
Hi,
i have fresh installed El Capitan 10,11,3 on GAx99ud4, i7 5820k. My USB3 don't work on rear panel, just 1 on the front panel.

Have you got a solution ?

THanks

Hi,
i have fresh installed El Capitan 10,11,3 on GAx99ud4, i7 5820k. My USB3 don't work on rear panel, just 1 on the front panel.

Have you got a solution ?

THanks

did you follow the guide step by step? I updated it 2 days ago so you would want to follow that step by step, as I added a lot of new information

I am not running 10.11.3 so I can't say if theres a difference between that and 10.11.2 but all usb devices appear to be working fine over here. I have zero 3.0 devices connected so I can't tell if I'm getting full speed, but it shows a usb 3.0 hub. I posted a screenshot of my system report > usb section and Lokicat confirmed it is working properly. That would be the person to ask.

I have about 7 or 8 usb devices plugged in all of them are working as they should

Hello , yes I followed the step by step procedure . I have a USB3 bus. But only 2 usb ports 3 Front work, the USB3 other ports on the back are recognized as USB2. Look at the screenshot , I plug a USB hard drive 3 at the back and is recognized on a USB2 port.
I do not know how resolver my problem ....
Capture d’e?cran 2016-01-29 a? 15.03.25.png

Hello , yes I followed the step by step procedure . I have a USB3 bus. But only 2 usb ports 3 Front work, the USB3 other ports on the back are recognized as USB2. Look at the screenshot , I plug a USB hard drive 3 at the back and is recognized on a USB2 port.
I do not know how resolver my problem ....
View attachment 174373

hmm good post. Try to copy a file and see if you are getting usb 3.0 speeds. It might just say 2.0 but still give you 3.0 speeds. If not then lets wait for someone who knows more about usb 3.0 to respond

I made a rapid test USB3 and speed are correct. The problem is that the system recognizes that the USB ports in the front three . I am sure that ca be a simple adjustment in the codes of kexts or elsewhere but I do not know which one : /

I made a rapid test USB3 and speed are correct. The problem is that the system recognizes that the USB ports in the front three . I am sure that ca be a simple adjustment in the codes of kexts or elsewhere but I do not know which one : /

great to hear the speed is working. I am not understanding what your saying about usb ports in the front, is there USB ports that aren't working at all? I wish I knew how to solve the usb thing but i am still learning. I will update this guide with any information I find out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back