Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Now Updated 1/27/2016*

The build:
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 (Motherboard)
Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell E Processor (Cpu)
16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 2400 RAM (Memory)
EVGA GTX 970 SSC 4GB (Graphics Card)

32 GB and a 960 aside, I have an almost identical config here and I just cant seem to get going.
I havent overclocked, if that matters. With the npci=0X2000, nv_disable=1 and -v switches, it launches the whitish gray window with a colored beachball that keeps spinning for hours.

What could I be missing? I have swapped OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64, booted with -f switch.

Tried moving all kexts (from 10.10 and 10.11) to Others and ran with -f

Still the damned Beachball.! Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

try deleting all kexts folders except others and re installing. It should work perfectly. Do a bios update. last try adding test2.efi

Big thank you for this guide. Successfully got my system up and running with an Asus X99-A/USB3.1 i7 5820K and EVGA GTX970.

Only thing I'm noticing is that in "About This Mac" it shows as a Xeon instead of a i7, is this just because of the 6,1 definition and there's nothing that can be done? I've looked around a bunch to see if there is a way to change the "type" field in clover to display the correct info but haven't found much.

Also, usb 3 seems to be iffy with the Asus x99-A/USB3.1 board, the rear ports work but if the device is plugged in during boot you have to unplug and replug them. The internal usb 3.0 headers do not seem to be recognized. Small price to pay.

Thanks again for an awesome guide!

Alright, since my post was deleted, I'll ask a different way... I just need help.

I have the same exact chip, board, and video card used in this guide. I followed this word for word to the best of my understanding. Im on 10.11.2. I still cannot get audio to work. I still have no audio devices available.

Clearly I am doing something wrong that I am not aware of.

Is it possible for me to have working sound if I just buy a 3rd party sound card and reset the sdst back to default? Or are there other settings from this guide that would render the use of a 3rd party sound card unusable or unrecognizable?

Big thank you for this guide. Successfully got my system up and running with an Asus X99-A/USB3.1 i7 5820K and EVGA GTX970.

Only thing I'm noticing is that in "About This Mac" it shows as a Xeon instead of a i7, is this just because of the 6,1 definition and there's nothing that can be done? I've looked around a bunch to see if there is a way to change the "type" field in clover to display the correct info but haven't found much.

Also, usb 3 seems to be iffy with the Asus x99-A/USB3.1 board, the rear ports work but if the device is plugged in during boot you have to unplug and replug them. The internal usb 3.0 headers do not seem to be recognized. Small price to pay.

Thanks again for an awesome guide!

it's normal to show a xeon. mac pro doesn't use i7 your tricking osx into thinking its a mac pro.

Idk about usb 3.1, but luckily mine is working. Good Job!

Alright, since my post was deleted, I'll ask a different way... I just need help.

I have the same exact chip, board, and video card used in this guide. I followed this word for word to the best of my understanding. Im on 10.11.2. I still cannot get audio to work. I still have no audio devices available.

Clearly I am doing something wrong that I am not aware of.

Is it possible for me to have working sound if I just buy a 3rd party sound card and reset the sdst back to default? Or are there other settings from this guide that would render the use of a 3rd party sound card unusable or unrecognizable?

just follow my step by step guide its very simple. Even if you get sound working you should buy a usb audio device. I don't use the onboard sound for anything except spdif out

Hi Malki
I just noticed that Gigabyte released a new BIOS (F20) for x99-ud4 board. Have you tried it? Any side effects for El Captain support?
EDIT: WARNING!!! It looks that F20 is not good - a lot of people complains so do your research before flashing. It is unclear is the F20 only for new Q2 2016 CPU or just supports them!!!

Complete success with:

X99-UD4 F21a
Gigabyte gtx970
4x8gb Kinston DDR4 2133 RAM
*focusrite USB audio interface

I had some ups and downs during installation but it is finally working! It took around 36 hours of constant trying what works and what does not, but mainly it was due to my lack of understanding of the process, and some weird config.plist saving behaviour. Thanks for the great guide!

here is the bench with light overclock @3.8 & XMP1

Attachments

• geek1.jpg
    geek1.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 147
Hi Malki
I just noticed that Gigabyte released a new BIOS (F20) for x99-ud4 board. Have you tried it? Any side effects for El Captain support?
EDIT: WARNING!!! It looks that F20 is not good - a lot of people complains so do your research before flashing. It is unclear is the F20 only for new Q2 2016 CPU or just supports them!!!

runs fine for me, I upgraded to above that, and it seems to be more stable!

Complete success with:

X99-UD4 F21a
Gigabyte gtx970
4x8gb Kinston DDR4 2133 RAM
*focusrite USB audio interface

I had some ups and downs during installation but it is finally working! It took around 36 hours of constant trying what works and what does not, but mainly it was due to my lack of understanding of the process, and some weird config.plist saving behaviour. Thanks for the great guide!

here is the bench with light overclock @3.8 & XMP1

Congrats!

Only my RAM is recognised as DDR3 in system report, is that something to be concerned about, does that influence the performance or is it just cosmetics due to Mac Pro SMBIOS?

Only my RAM is recognised as DDR3 in system report, is that something to be concerned about, does that influence the performance or is it just cosmetics due to Mac Pro SMBIOS?

Purely cosmetic. If you figure out how to get it to say ddr4 let me know!

Great! I do not understand "I upgraded to above that" - can you give me the exact BIOS version you are using (because currently there is a F21a beta)

Thanks!

its f21a on this page:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5123#bios

latest gigabyte beta bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back