Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please shed some light on this, when I have Usb 3.0 external drives connected before the system is loaded and booted they work only as 2.0. But if I connect them after boot, they work as 3.0

Not really a deal breaker, but why is that happening?

So if I reboot with a usb 3.0 external disk connected that works now, the system will see it as Usb 2.0 device.

@Malki

Sorry for maybe a dumb question but what is the case with TRIM support? I am thinking about moving to SSD drive for 10.11 and I am wondering what is the case. Do we still need some TRIM enabler kext (if we want TRIM) and if yes what are the steps to do enable it.

P.S. I updated the BIOS to F20 and it looks that now the system is about 5% faster (a little better scores on Geekbench and Cinebench)

Could someone please shed some light on this, when I have Usb 3.0 external drives connected before the system is loaded and booted they work only as 2.0. But if I connect them after boot, they work as 3.0

Not really a deal breaker, but why is that happening?

So if I reboot with a usb 3.0 external disk connected that works now, the system will see it as Usb 2.0 device.

not sure about that. Might have to just connect drives after booting. Or go all internal drives

@Malki

Sorry for maybe a dumb question but what is the case with TRIM support? I am thinking about moving to SSD drive for 10.11 and I am wondering what is the case. Do we still need some TRIM enabler kext (if we want TRIM) and if yes what are the steps to do enable it.

P.S. I updated the BIOS to F20 and it looks that now the system is about 5% faster (a little better scores on Geekbench and Cinebench)

no kext needed. just use "sudo trimforce enable" in terminal app. it will enable native trim support

not sure about that. Might have to just connect drives after booting. Or go all internal drives

Yeah, the workaround is no problem, just thought I might have maybe skipped something obvious like some bios setting or something. So, you don't have this issue?

Yeah, the workaround is no problem, just thought I might have maybe skipped something obvious like some bios setting or something. So, you don't have this issue?

Honestly, no because I don't use any external drives (except flash drives). Update bios, recheck your settings, kexts etc who knows why these bugs happen. I have 6 internal drives, less trouble with data!

Could I using this guide to install for 10.11.3 ?
im rookie in hackintosh
and I can't found the old version OS X
sadly I have try for a week to makes it work
but I fail for many times....

my device is almost the same with you
Ga x99 ud4 motherboard
i7 5820k (6core)
evga gtx960
kinstom 16gb ddr4 ram 2133
WD 3tb black label

And I need to using PC too
im a mixing engineer

im using protools Digital performer ableton live and Logic Pro x
is any kind of these app will get crash in 10.11.3 ?

maybe I'll get the tb2 card on it for adda and raid on it

is any suggest for me ?!

thanks for help

Could I using this guide to install for 10.11.3 ?
im rookie in hackintosh
and I can't found the old version OS X
sadly I have try for a week to makes it work
but I fail for many times....

my device is almost the same with you
Ga x99 ud4 motherboard
i7 5820k (6core)
evga gtx960
kinstom 16gb ddr4 ram 2133
WD 3tb black label

And I need to using PC too
im a mixing engineer

im using protools Digital performer ableton live and Logic Pro x
is any kind of these app will get crash in 10.11.3 ?

maybe I'll get the tb2 card on it for adda and raid on it

is any suggest for me ?!

thanks for help

10.11.3 is exactly the same except I hear sound is not enabled at this point. Maybe someone has fixed it by now. I have not checked. I'm still on 10.11.2. Use a usb audio device and you won't have to worry about that. As far as programs working thats all up to the manufacturers. I know pro tools is buggy in El Capitan but it has nothing to do with hackintoshing.

Hi,

I'm a noob at building a hackintosh and this is my first attempt at it, I followed your guide to the T, and even tried changing some settings but no matter what I do I can't seem to get it past the [PCI Config Begin] it hangs there and then 5 seconds later it restarts. Can anyone please help me?

and my Build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5 Wifi
CPU: Intel Xeon 2620 v3
GPU: Nvidia Quadro M4000
Ram: 64GB 8x8gb G.skill
SSD: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512gb

Hello!
I planing to buy GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 motherboard, because I see in this forum that on this board El Capitan is installing and working successfuly. As I understand everyone who El Capitan was installed and is operating normally on GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 motherboard have one device in PCI-E slot. This is videocard. I have two PCI-E devices: videocard and SSD. I'm afraid that with two PCI-E devices on GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 motherboard I will get OsxAptioFixDrv known error with allocating memory when I will install El Capitan. Are there those here who have GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 motherboard with two devices installed in PCI-E slots and with normally booting and working El Capitan?

Hi,

I'm a noob at building a hackintosh and this is my first attempt at it, I followed your guide to the T, and even tried changing some settings but no matter what I do I can't seem to get it past the [PCI Config Begin] it hangs there and then 5 seconds later it restarts. Can anyone please help me?

and my Build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5 Wifi
CPU: Intel Xeon 2620 v3
GPU: Nvidia Quadro M4000
Ram: 64GB 8x8gb G.skill
SSD: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512gb

It's not the same motherboard, processor or gpu. Plus your using a different kind of hard drive. Not sure exactly what would need to be done. Post something about it on the forums, start a thread and see if anyone can help you. Good luck!

Hello!
I planing to buy GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 motherboard, because I see in this forum that on this board El Capitan is installing and working successfuly. As I understand everyone who El Capitan was installed and is operating normally on GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 motherboard have one device in PCI-E slot. This is videocard. I have two PCI-E devices: videocard and SSD. I'm afraid that with two PCI-E devices on GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 motherboard I will get OsxAptioFixDrv known error with allocating memory when I will install El Capitan. Are there those here who have GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 motherboard with two devices installed in PCI-E slots and with normally booting and working El Capitan?

that is already covered in my guide. It works I am using 2 pci -e devices with no problems. Just add Test2.efi from my guide.

Reactions: GDS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back