Contribute
Register

[Success] Hp Elitebook 8570w 99% QM77 i7-3720QM Quadro K2000M

Status
Not open for further replies.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I think I found something more relevant to what should be edited in SSDT-2-NVIDIAGF.aml, where it lists a path of \_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX, but I still don't understand how to go about fixing it.

Problem report attached. (I know you don't mess with Nvidia-based systems; I really appreciate you taking a look at it. I would reply to the other thread, but it would be off-topic since this is a laptop.)

Attachments

• debug_12485.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 204
I think I found something more relevant to what should be edited in SSDT-2-NVIDIAGF.aml, where it lists a path of \_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX, but I still don't understand how to go about fixing it.

Problem report attached. (I know you don't mess with Nvidia-based systems; I really appreciate you taking a look at it. I would reply to the other thread, but it would be off-topic since this is a laptop.)

Your Nvidia is at _SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX.
Of course, you'll eventually want to rename DGFX to GFX0 (for DGPU PM).
The files you attached show no attempt to inject EDID.

Since I'm using your build of Clover 4701 and that I don't have the video defined in the Devices section, is this not the way to do it? (I realize that the DualLink and ProductID are useless in there, but am I injecting the EDID wrong?)
ScreenShot.png

Since I'm using your build of Clover 4701 and that I don't have the video defined in the Devices section, is this not the way to do it? (I realize that the DualLink and ProductID are useless in there, but am I injecting the EDID wrong?)
View attachment 360457

For the most part, settings in config.plist/Graphics/EDID have no effect without injection turned on in Graphics/Inject.
You should inject EDID with ACPI, or Devices/Properties, or Devices/Arbitrary (because you probably don't want what Graphics/Inject/NVidia=true will do).

After figuring out the shiloh guide, I think I made some progress. I put together an SSDT file that at least accomplishes renaming GFX0 to GFX1 and I see this change reflected in IORegistryExplorer. Unfortunately I am missing some information that I likely need to put in it along with the EDID that keeps the internal display from springing to life.

I don't understand injecting EDID into Clover with Devices/Properties- for one I get hung up on what to put for or in place of 'ig-platform-id' because, isn't that an Intel-specific property? I also don't know what labels should be used in Clover or the SSDT for some of the other properties of my display that may need injected, which I do have the values for after booting with nv_disable=1 and running ioreg, and here is a screenshot from that:

ioreg-internal-display.png

Anyway, I attached a problem report, being booted using the SSDT-1.aml file I put together.

Attachments

• debug_6179.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 216
After figuring out the shiloh guide, I think I made some progress. I put together an SSDT file that at least accomplishes renaming GFX0 to GFX1 and I see this change reflected in IORegistryExplorer. Unfortunately I am missing some information that I likely need to put in it along with the EDID that keeps the internal display from springing to life.

I don't understand injecting EDID into Clover with Devices/Properties- for one I get hung up on what to put for or in place of 'ig-platform-id' because, isn't that an Intel-specific property? I also don't know what labels should be used in Clover or the SSDT for some of the other properties of my display that may need injected, which I do have the values for after booting with nv_disable=1 and running ioreg, and here is a screenshot from that:

View attachment 360733

Anyway, I attached a problem report, being booted using the SSDT-1.aml file I put together.

SSDT-1.aml is a poor name choice. Should be something like: SSDT-GFX1.aml.

It (SSDT-1) is successfully injecting EDID via AAPL00,override-no-connect.
But, is the display at NVDA,Display-C@2 an external display, or internal?

NVDA,Display-C@2 is an external monitor plugged into the DP port on the dock. B is the DP port on the side of the laptop, and D is the DVI port on the dock. I've tried booting without the external plugged in, both docked and undocked, and the internal display doesn't come up in either case.

In case it offers any insight on any additional values that may need to be added to SSDT-GFX1.aml for the internal display, I've attached a problem report of the state of the system with nv_disable=1, where the internal display works, but the externals do not. I find it interesting that it puts ".Display_boot" in there, but maybe it's irrelevant:

nv-disable.png

Attachments

• debug_13342.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 212
NVDA,Display-C@2 is an external monitor plugged into the DP port on the dock. B is the DP port on the side of the laptop, and D is the DVI port on the dock. I've tried booting without the external plugged in, both docked and undocked, and the internal display doesn't come up in either case.

In case it offers any insight on any additional values that may need to be added to SSDT-GFX1.aml for the internal display, I've attached a problem report of the state of the system with nv_disable=1, where the internal display works, but the externals do not. I find it interesting that it puts ".Display_boot" in there, but maybe it's irrelevant:

View attachment 360829

The ioreg you attached shows no EDID inject. What happened?

The ioreg you attached shows no EDID inject. What happened?

The only things different about that boot compared to the boot from the previous problem report, is nv_disable=1 is added to the boot arguments, and that I renamed SSDT-1.aml to SSDT-GFX1.aml as per your suggestion. It's still reading it since GFX1 is still in IORegistryExplorer. Nothing else was changed.

My guess is that it is not pulling it in due to @0 having the property of "NVDA,NVMac" injected, and NVDA being disabled this time with nv_disable=1.

I've attached a problem report of the system without nv_disable=1.

Attachments

• debug_32563.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 199
The only things different about that boot compared to the boot from the previous problem report, is nv_disable=1 is added to the boot arguments, and that I renamed SSDT-1.aml to SSDT-GFX1.aml as per your suggestion. It's still reading it since GFX1 is still in IORegistryExplorer. Nothing else was changed.

My guess is that it is not pulling it in due to @0 having the property of "NVDA,NVMac" injected, and NVDA being disabled this time with nv_disable=1.

I've attached a problem report of the system without nv_disable=1.

Actually, scratch that... I remember that I indeed did make a change to that aml file late last night, and is probably why EDID isn't being injected now. I'll fix that and do another report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back