Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
CPU
i7-3720QM / QM77
Graphics
K2000M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

Mojave 10.14 installed perfectly on my os everything is working ( GPU, WIFI, AUDIO, ExpressCard,Battery) except:

1.Brightness - Might be due to Nvidia discrete GPU only, no intel graphics here (dont care much though)
2. TURBO- that's important!!! goes only to 2.6ghz top instead of 3.4. multipliers are working, max is x26.

I dont have lags but turbo should be beneficial..

Any help master Rehabman or any other??

(I hope i have edited my details correctly this time Rehabman)

Uploading Clover Folder for check.

Thank you amazing community as

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 641
Hello,

Mojave 10.14 installed perfectly on my os everything is working ( GPU, WIFI, AUDIO, ExpressCard,Battery) except:

1.Brightness - Might be due to Nvidia discrete GPU only, no intel graphics here (dont care much though)
2. TURBO- that's important!!! goes only to 2.6ghz top instead of 3.4. multipliers are working, max is x26.

I dont have lags but turbo should be beneficial..

Any help master Rehabman or any other??

(I hope i have edited my details correctly this time Rehabman)

Uploading Clover Folder for check.

Thank you amazing community as

No idea on brightness for Nvidia (if someone has figured it, they didn't publish a guide here).

See CPU PM guide linked from FAQ.

I had used your Clover file but no wifi and brightness is not working for me any advice or help please ?!
My vga K1000M

Do any of you other folks who have the HP Elitebook 8570w also have the "DreamColor" display?

Using the HP guide along with piecing together info from the other setups I've came across, including the one in this thread, I have macOS Mojave running on one of these with almost everything working except for 1 major thing: the internal display. I only get video on an external monitor. The video starts out on the laptop, then flashes to the external in the last part of the boot process. (if I don't have an external monitor plugged in, it just goes blank until I plug one in.)

This is my first experience with an Nvidia-only setup. I've been pecking away at it for 2 days now trying to figure it out, and I'm getting nowhere. I'm not using the web drivers since they're not available for Mojave yet, and thus I have the options related to that disabled in my config.plist (use web drivers, and Inject Nvidia, both disabled). As far as I know of the video, such as it is, is working "OOB" for the most part since I have acceleration. The laptop display does work if I put "nv_disable=1" in the boot arguments, but I imagine that is not accelerated.

From looking at the ioreg, it seems to be a case of the internal display not being attached to one of the output ports, and I am not sure how to make that connection happen. I have a few suspicions that are likely incorrect, such as it perhaps being the EDID of the display not being recognized. I booted from a Linux live USB version of Lubuntu that had EDID tools included and extracted the EDID, but the output of it is a little confusing and I'm not sure what I should be injecting from it if that's even the issue (get-edid spits out garbled text, while edid-parse pumps out 2 sets of codes of the right length- serial number and chroma info, as well as 4 descriptors that are double the usual EDID length). I also suspect an incorrect NVCAP string; I've tried 2 so far and nothing changes with either one. I've tried with both CSM disabled and enabled in the BIOS settings, with the same result. I've tried patching the DSDT at one point with the GFX0->IGPU patch, and also tried GFX0->GFX1, both to no avail. (outside of that, other than the hot patches, I don't use a patched DSDT.aml file since everything else seems to be working fine without it, and the other setups for this laptop I've looked over don't use one either.)

Also, do the EDID injection settings for config.plist mentioned in this guide apply to nvidia, or are they specific to Intel? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

I've attached the problem report.

Attachments

• debug_14328.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Do any of you other folks who have the HP Elitebook 8570w also have the "DreamColor" display?

Using the HP guide along with piecing together info from the other setups I've came across, including the one in this thread, I have macOS Mojave running on one of these with almost everything working except for 1 major thing: the internal display. I only get video on an external monitor. The video starts out on the laptop, then flashes to the external in the last part of the boot process. (if I don't have an external monitor plugged in, it just goes blank until I plug one in.)

This is my first experience with an Nvidia-only setup. I've been pecking away at it for 2 days now trying to figure it out, and I'm getting nowhere. I'm not using the web drivers since they're not available for Mojave yet, and thus I have the options related to that disabled in my config.plist (use web drivers, and Inject Nvidia, both disabled). As far as I know of the video, such as it is, is working "OOB" for the most part since I have acceleration. The laptop display does work if I put "nv_disable=1" in the boot arguments, but I imagine that is not accelerated.

From looking at the ioreg, it seems to be a case of the internal display not being attached to one of the output ports, and I am not sure how to make that connection happen. I have a few suspicions that are likely incorrect, such as it perhaps being the EDID of the display not being recognized. I booted from a Linux live USB version of Lubuntu that had EDID tools included and extracted the EDID, but the output of it is a little confusing and I'm not sure what I should be injecting from it if that's even the issue (get-edid spits out garbled text, while edid-parse pumps out 2 sets of codes of the right length- serial number and chroma info, as well as 4 descriptors that are double the usual EDID length). I also suspect an incorrect NVCAP string; I've tried 2 so far and nothing changes with either one. I've tried with both CSM disabled and enabled in the BIOS settings, with the same result. I've tried patching the DSDT at one point with the GFX0->IGPU patch, and also tried GFX0->GFX1, both to no avail. (outside of that, other than the hot patches, I don't use a patched DSDT.aml file since everything else seems to be working fine without it, and the other setups for this laptop I've looked over don't use one either.)

Also, do the EDID injection settings for config.plist mentioned in this guide apply to nvidia, or are they specific to Intel? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

I've attached the problem report.

You will probably need to inject EDID.

I found the correct EDID for it, injected it, and it's still the same.

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the DSDT. This guide seems to apply to my situation:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354/

But I just cannot follow it. I've studied it for hours, comparing what the guide says to what I see in my DSDT file, and it just doesn't make sense to me. I cannot comprehend it.

IORegistryExplorer shows that the video is represented by a path like this: PCI0@0->AppleACPIPCI->PEGP@1->IOPP->GFX0@0, which I thought from some parts of the guide would show up in the DSDT somewhere as \_SB.PCI0.PEGP.GFX0, but instead it shows PEGP and GFX0 as 2 completely separate devices and not in a hierarchy. But it also confuses me how his guide actually shows his PCI slot as it's own device as well early on.

Even more confusing to me, when I made a simple change such as just changing GFX0 to GFX1, compiled and threw the resulting DSDT.aml into the patched folder in Clover and booted with it, ioreg still shows GFX0 with no trace of GFX1.

Will the web drivers, when they're released, magically fix this, or will I likely still have the same issue?

I found the correct EDID for it, injected it, and it's still the same.

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the DSDT. This guide seems to apply to my situation:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354/

But I just cannot follow it. I've studied it for hours, comparing what the guide says to what I see in my DSDT file, and it just doesn't make sense to me. I cannot comprehend it.

IORegistryExplorer shows that the video is represented by a path like this: PCI0@0->AppleACPIPCI->PEGP@1->IOPP->GFX0@0, which I thought from some parts of the guide would show up in the DSDT somewhere as \_SB.PCI0.PEGP.GFX0, but instead it shows PEGP and GFX0 as 2 completely separate devices and not in a hierarchy. But it also confuses me how his guide actually shows his PCI slot as it's own device as well early on.

Even more confusing to me, when I made a simple change such as just changing GFX0 to GFX1, compiled and threw the resulting DSDT.aml into the patched folder in Clover and booted with it, ioreg still shows GFX0 with no trace of GFX1.

Will the web drivers, when they're released, magically fix this, or will I likely still have the same issue?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back