Contribute
Register

Success Guide Yosemite 10.10.1 Clover UEFI Guide - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming you've disabled CPU PLL Overvoltage otherwise it causes sleep issues. I'm just wondering how stable your OC is at 4.6 without this. Also curious how speedstep is working with MacPro3,1 definition.

CPU PPL is disabled. The OC is rock solid at 4.6, I increased the Dynamic Vcore by +0.100v - speedstep works fine on the MacPro 3,1 definition from 1.6 to 4.6... has been running 10.8 & 10.9 for the last 2 years without fault :)

Thank you so much for this guide! I was able to install very easily. I'm running into issues where my Finder crashes/freezes when I try to open it, however I can relaunch it and it stops freezing however I still can't open a finder window to install clover post-installation. I'm wondering if it is a Ram or Bios issue, but I have tried everything I can find to get it to stop freezing (by changing bios settings, etc).

Was wondering, do you know where I could find a GA-Z97X-UD5H modded BIOS like the one you have posted from Tweak for your Z77X? Was hoping to try that to fix the Finder from freezing.

Thank you.

Just wanted to post for the sake of those who follow this guide. If you use MacMini6,2 or iMac13,2 profile, you do not need NullCPUPowerManagement. And for audio, if you prefer not to run MB after every software update try Toleda's method:

Native AppleHDA patch

Native AppleHDA patch suffered sound loss after sleep problem for me...

Just wanted to post for the sake of those who follow this guide. If you use MacMini6,2 or iMac13,2 profile, you do not need NullCPUPowerManagement. And for audio, if you prefer not to run MB after every software update try Toleda's method:

Native AppleHDA patch

Native AppleHDA patch suffered sound loss after sleep problem for me...

Me too, there is a fix for that as well. Just need to follow Toleda's thread. If interested you can find answers here.

Great, Thanks

In order to get my Z77x-uD5H to boot without USB, I went to image
117147d1417946142-success-guide-yosemite-10-10-1-clover-uefi-guide-gigabyte-ga-z77x-ud5h-boot.png

Chose fast boot, then changes my BIOS settings also to FAST

Seemed to do the trick

Last edited by a moderator:
Followed the guide to help get me to be able to log back in to yosemite through clover. I had to re install nvidia web drivers to get them to work again.

Only problems I have are:

• I still don't have any audio devices showing up in system info even though I installed the drivers through MB.
  • The computer takes about 20 secs to shut off after OS X has shutdown
  • At startup after login, I get a "You shut down your computer because of a problem" error even though it shut down by itself. The report that follows shows a CPU 5 kernel panic,
  • Clover keeps using themes I never installed(Christmas, NewYear, Merglaian?) and rotates between them. Clover picks which one it wants to use lol
  • EDIT: Found another issue. The time sync fix doesn't seem to working with Windows 8.1

Everything else works great. Bluetooth, all USB ports, performance is nice. Just have annoyances I need some help with

This is my first build. I first tried with Unibeast. I got Yosemite installed, but my SSD would only boot loop without the USB stick in.

So I started from scratch and tried this Clover method. Install went fine. I got all the way up to the Configurator.

My first problem was not finding config.plist in the Clover folder. I found it Clover>docs.

I copied that over to Clover and imported it to the configurator. I made everything look like the pictures. No information populated in the SMBIOS page. I input everything. I exported (I don't know where it saves to). I exited and rebooted.

The apple splash screen showed up and, after a second or two, disappeared. I was left with a black screen and nothing happened. I let it sit for a while. Nothing happened. I turned it off and on and booted with the USB stick. I did it again with the same result.

Any ideas?

I'm running
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H LGA 1150 Z97
Intel Core i7-4790K
EVGA GeForce GTX760
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Low Profile 32GB
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot)
Corsair Carbide Series Black 500R Mid Tower
Corsair RM Series 650 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back