Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

My last Hackintosh experience was a bit tricky but wonderful, making my Asus M60J working under Snow Leopard 10.6.6 way better than under Windows 7...

But now I have a whole new build :

MB : Gigabyte Z68XP UD3 with the U1G UEFI bios
CPU : Intel Core i5 3570K OC @4,23Ghz
RAM : 8GB DDR3 Corsair 1600
HDD : Hitachi 160GB (yes my SSD is for windows installation)
GPU : ASUS ENGTX 560 ti OC 900Mhz 1024Mo
Tower : Coolermaster silencio 550
CPU cooler :Coolermaster hyper II Evo

For some practical reasons I strongly advice to buy a z77 chipset for IVY bridge CPU as you have to flash your bios to the F10 version before having the CPU recognized by the MB...

(for the record the whole build worth 830€ in France with a SSD OCZ agility 4)

First of all I would like to thanks Tony all members of this forum who helped me through installation with their post and comments, such a community is wonderful.

After setting my Bios to AHCI and HPET correct settings I started the setup of OS X 10.8

I left all my hardware connected i.e.: 8GB of RAM and my OC on 4.2 Ghz

For installation I used a raw image easily findable on the internet (I didn't had a mac accessible to use Unibeast) then I burned it on an USB stick with Suse image writer.

I booted on this stick and I installation was a breeze, just follow Unibeast guide.

Post installation with Multi beast : Easy Dsdt with Realtek ethernet drivers and Realtek audio 889 (audio still don't work).

Reboot and...

Congrats, Mountain Lion is fully working !!!

What doesn't work : MB audio chipset (I'm using a Terratec Aurion 7.1 USB sound card anyway)
OC seems to be back to stock frequencies

What works : everything else, except the ethernet, everything work OOB ^^
For Multiboot consideration : Chimera handle it right away, you just have to select the right hard drive to boot on when Chimera shows up... [EDIT : don't forget to get EasyBCD for windows and create a boot entry Mac OS MBR]

Feedback : Installation and post installation were a breeze, I think Windows 7 installation was as difficult or maybe a bit more than the OS X 10.8 one

Many thanks to this community !! I can enjoy my new Hackintosh now !!!!

DrFaust from France

I am debating doing this on my board. I also have USB audio I can use.

Do you see any benefit over the old BIOS with DSDT?

I flashed the UEFI within 3 days after getting the MB because F10 version doesn't handle O/C...
With a 3570 K this stuff annoyed me...
As my Mountain Lion was deployed yesterday night, I cannot say if the new BIOS change something.
I think Native powermanagement wasn't handled with old bios.

I flashed the UEFI within 3 days after getting the MB because F10 version doesn't handle O/C...
With a 3570 K this stuff annoyed me...
As my Mountain Lion was deployed yesterday night, I cannot say if the new BIOS change something.
I think Native powermanagement wasn't handled with old bios.

could you tell me the steps you used to flash to uefi? i'm having a heck of a time creating a dos usb and updating? Any help would be appreciated!

To get the file with UEFI Bios, go on the Gigabyte official website (US version), on donwload for this MB, after this, UEFI download will be shown randomly (1 time every 7-8 refresh) don't ask me why ^^

Then create your freedos key :
Creating FreeDOS USB boot stick for BIOS flashing

Copy the 3 files from the update ( .bat .exe .U1G)

and boot freedos, use the bat from the gigabyte UEFI update (keep trying until it actually flash => swipping from aware bios to UEFI make the process a bit random to be launched)

This UEFI bios will unlock O/C settings for Ivy Bridge CPU's

Thank you, this method finally did the trick! I am now bios-less

I have the same board Z68xp-ud3 but after updating bios, from F10 to U1G with USB dos boot stick, I cannot boot my hack. Neither I can not boot my USB installation stick.
How did you get DMG to boot usb?
tnx

Thank you, this method finally did the trick! I am now bios-less

This kind of operations are highly risky but most of the time flash won't start because of the file is not recognized...

Did you checked MD5 of Bios files, used a safe and reliable USB stick and the flash operation went to the end ?

I have the same board Z68xp-ud3 but after updating bios, from F10 to U1G with USB dos boot stick, I cannot boot my hack. Neither I can not boot my USB installation stick.
How did you get DMG to boot usb?
tnx

I burned the installer to USB key with Suse image writer it was a pre-made bootable installer in .raw format for this method, this can easily be found in internet.

Hello everyone,

My last Hackintosh experience was a bit tricky but wonderful, making my Asus M60J working under Snow Leopard 10.6.6 way better than under Windows 7...

But now I have a whole new build :

MB : Gigabyte Z68XP UD3 with the U1G UEFI bios
CPU : Intel Core i5 3570K OC @4,23Ghz
RAM : 8GB DDR3 Corsair 1600
HDD : Hitachi 160GB (yes my SSD is for windows installation)
GPU : ASUS ENGTX 560 ti OC 900Mhz 1024Mo
Tower : Coolermaster silencio 550
CPU cooler :Coolermaster hyper II Evo

For some practical reasons I strongly advice to buy a z77 chipset for IVY bridge CPU as you have to flash your bios to the F10 version before having the CPU recognized by the MB...

(for the record the whole build worth 830€ in France with a SSD OCZ agility 4)

First of all I would like to thanks Tony all members of this forum who helped me through installation with their post and comments, such a community is wonderful.

After setting my Bios to AHCI and HPET correct settings I started the setup of OS X 10.8

I left all my hardware connected i.e.: 8GB of RAM and my OC on 4.2 Ghz

For installation I used a raw image easily findable on the internet (I didn't had a mac accessible to use Unibeast) then I burned it on an USB stick with Suse image writer.

I booted on this stick and I installation was a breeze, just follow Unibeast guide.

Post installation with Multi beast : Easy Dsdt with Realtek ethernet drivers and Realtek audio 889 (audio still don't work).

Reboot and...

Congrats, Mountain Lion is fully working !!!

What doesn't work : MB audio chipset (I'm using a Terratec Aurion 7.1 USB sound card anyway)
OC seems to be back to stock frequencies

What works : everything else, except the ethernet, everything work OOB ^^
For Multiboot consideration : Chimera handle it right away, you just have to select the right hard drive to boot on when Chimera shows up... [EDIT : don't forget to get EasyBCD for windows and create a boot entry Mac OS MBR]

Feedback : Installation and post installation were a breeze, I think Windows 7 installation was as difficult or maybe a bit more than the OS X 10.8 one

Many thanks to this community !! I can enjoy my new Hackintosh now !!!!

DrFaust from France

Did you have any problems with your video card loading after the UEFI flash. Just did it and I can't get my video to come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back