Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z68XP UD3 UEFI Bios Core i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have any problems with your video card loading after the UEFI flash. Just did it and I can't get my video to come up.

i'd like to know this as well.

i get both the internal Intel 3000HD and 560Ti running at the same time, but can not disable the Intel 3000HD

I have the same motherboard, but using a GTS 450 videocard. I had no problems disabling the onboard video in the UEFI bios. I had to use the PCIRootUID=0 bootflag (Unibeasts sets RootUID=1) in order to get the installer working. Onboard sound is working fine with the non DSDT 889 option from Multibeast.

I have some videocard weirdness (Locks up when changing resolutions) and sleep isn't working but those don't effect my overall system usage. From what I can tell the video issues are related to some 4xx cards, but I don't have another videocard to confirm that. I haven't started to seriously work on sleep, but I will over the next week or so.

Got past it with the pcirootuid=0 flag. I had it set to 1 with the f10 bios.

I still can't get sound to work though. I installed the non-dsdt kext but it doesn't seem to work. I hay have to get the audio kexts installed back to stock first.

Try the ALC889 from "Non-DSDT HDAEnabler" and ALC889 from "Patched AppleHDA" I had to use those options for my sound.

Yeah, for me sleep is a no go. It will either not wake up, or when it does wake one monitor shows garbage snow, the other my desktop background, and not much else happens.

How did you even begin the install? I managed to update my bios, but I can't get it to go to the install screen. It keeps having a kernel panic. Something about the CPU. What settings do you have in your bios? Thanks, and btw... This is my first post in my whole life. Sorry if I did something wrong. lol

I didn't really change too much in the bios. I set the memory profile to xtreme, disable the onboard video, set SATA to ACHI, set the boot order and not much else. If you could get more details about the kernel panic that would help track down the issue you are having.

At the top of the panic it says: "Should have 4 threads, but only found 5 for Die"
I had mountain lion installed and running before I updated the bios. Now I can boot the usb drive used to install mountain or the installation already on the machine.

My Specs...
GA-Z68XP-UD3
Core-i5 2500K 3.3GHz
MSI GTX 560 Ti 1GB
12GB 1600MHz RAM
Intel 80GB SSD

I would double check the BIOS first, make sure everything is set in there. I am not sure why the Unibeast USB won't boot though. Have you tried using the onboard video to install ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back