Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

You have to boot of your install usb pen drive and select the Boot macOS from High Sierra.
Once in HS, you then run MultiBeast.
Don't forget to install Clover boot with the UEFI NVRAM option as our mobo doesn't have NVRAM.
I hope I have understood your problem.
It might be also that the install hasn't completed, hence the option 3., if so select the 3. Option again until the install fully completes.

Once you get it going you will be very pleased with this build!!

Ok, so I’ve gotten to booting from the High Sierra drive on Clover, the Apple icon comes up along with a loading bar then the screen goes blank and nothing happens. Do I need to just start again with my installer drive?

Hello !
First, thx for this awesome guide.
I have followed it and build almost the same PC. I only changed the graphic card for an Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 1080. Everything works like a charm but I have an issue with the resolution screen during the boot with clover and the apple logo during the loading before the session appear.

My BIOS settings are the same as you. Do you have any idea to fix this ?

Thx !

Attachments

• IMG_6088.JPG
    IMG_6088.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6087.JPG
    IMG_6087.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6089.JPG
    IMG_6089.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
Hello !
First, thx for this awesome guide.
I have followed it and build almost the same PC. I only changed the graphic card for an Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 1080. Everything works like a charm but I have an issue with the resolution screen during the boot with clover and the apple logo during the loading before the session appear.

My BIOS settings are the same as you. Do you have any idea to fix this ?

Thx !

I have found the problem, I just have to update clover bootloader to the last version.

I still can’t get this to install to the SSD. It either comes up with “installing to High Sierra” with a loading bar then turns off going to black screen or completes and restarts but I can get back to it to complete the installation.

Choosing a Case for your CustoMac Pro build

If you like the Phanteks all Aluminium case in this build but can't fit it in your budget there is a good alternative available now.
The Phanteks P400 Eclipse has many of the same features except that it is in Black / White interior. Selling for an incredibly low price of $59 AR on Newegg today. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/phanteks-eclipse-p400-tg-panel-pc-case.259520/
I've never seen this level of build quality and fit and finish in any other case selling at 59 USD. The black Enthoo Evolv case sells for $97 more than the Eclipse P400 does. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YQKYXEO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Put the money saved towards more ram or a better gfx card.

This is a Labor Day only sale so you'd need to buy it by midnight tonight PST to get this deal.

11-854-049-V23.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys I have a USB problem. I can use properly only a USB 3.1 and the c type port. If I connect directly my hard drive or any device to them they works fast and properly. I made all the speed tests. When I try to connect on the USB 3.1 port a hub (I tried two 3.0 different hubs) seems that everything stop working and the speed slows like if it's a 2.0 USB port. All the devices are working good since I've tried them on my MacBook Air. What could be the problem? Thank you everyone

Attachments

• Schermata 2018-09-03 alle 17.43.55.png
    Schermata 2018-09-03 alle 17.43.55.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Schermata 2018-09-03 alle 17.44.58.jpg
    Schermata 2018-09-03 alle 17.44.58.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 84
For those of you having trouble creating a properly working 10.13.6 USB install stick with Unibeast, try using a different USB Flash Drive manufacturer. I have been using Kingston 16gb Data Traveler USB sticks for years until I tried using one to create a 10.13.6 installer and ran into all the problems trying to install High Sierra that others here have reported. Then I tried a Toshiba 16gb stick and all the problems went away. I would imagine that the 16gb SanDisk and Patriot USB Flash drives listed in the TonyMac Buyer's Guide would be fine too, but I haven't tried them. Why the Kingston 16gb USB Flash drive worked fine with every Mac OS install prior to 10.13.6 but not with this most recent Mac OS is a mystery, at least to me...

Last edited:
Choosing a Case for your CustoMac Pro build

If you like the Phanteks all Aluminium case in this build but can't fit it in your budget there is a good alternative available now.
The Phanteks P400 Eclipse has many of the same features except that it is in Black / White interior. Selling for an incredibly low price of $59 AR on Newegg today. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/phanteks-eclipse-p400-tg-panel-pc-case.259520/
I've never seen this level of build quality and fit and finish in any other case selling at 59 USD. The black Enthoo Evolv case sells for $97 more than the Eclipse P400 does. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YQKYXEO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Put the money saved towards more ram or a better gfx card.

This is a Labor Day only sale so you'd need to buy it by midnight tonight PST to get this deal.

11-854-049-V23.jpg

I Copied the hackashaq build for an office computer( Same case, and 2 dell monitors) only major difference was I went with the gaming 5 mobo instead of the gaming 7. The build went so well that I built one for my home computer. I used this case and call this build the "Half-A-Shaq" I used the same gaming 5 mobo but went with the i3 8100 (instead of the i7 8700k), Saphire pulse 560(instead of the 580) and only 8 gb ram instead of 16. Interestingly enough my Geekbench Score is about Half (Multi Core Score). Both builds are working Amazingly well.I used this thread and this one
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-z370-gaming-5-4k-rx-580-10-13-4-ssdt.250028/
Thanks to this community for all the help.

I Copied the hackashaq build for an office computer( Same case, and 2 dell monitors) only major difference was I went with the gaming 5 mobo instead of the gaming 7. The build went so well that I built one for my home computer. I used this case and call this build the "Half-A-Shaq" I used the same gaming 5 mobo but went with the i3 8100 (instead of the i7 8700k), Saphire pulse 560(instead of the 580) and only 8 gb ram instead of 16. Interestingly enough my Geekbench Score is about Half (Multi Core Score). Both builds are working Amazingly well.I used this thread and this one
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-z370-gaming-5-4k-rx-580-10-13-4-ssdt.250028/
Thanks to this community for all the help.
"Half-A-Shaq" I love it!

Glad this guide helped you! This build has been my main computer for ummmm....four months now and it's so perfect I forget it's a hackintosh. :)

hi @HackaShaq
could you please share your efi folder?
i have install high Sierra 10.13.6 many times on other mobos, but really I can't find out the issue with my z370x gaming wi-fi.
I can't boot the installer, it hangs at ++++++++++++++ after start randomset-end random set.
could you please help me?

Back