Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

A minor update of keyboard Steelseries Apex M750TKL, a very beautiful keyboard that match with the rgb of Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7. -.https://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-m750-tkl
IMG_0648.jpg

A minor update of keyboard Steelseries Apex M750TKL, a very beautiful keyboard that match with the rgb of Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7. -.https://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-m750-tkl
View attachment 342254

Hey Jim, nice! As Homer would say mmm RGB.

My 10GBe XG-C100C was a part disaster. Had system recognise it, but would not connect, I think because it had not been loaded with the Apple firmware... more reading to do. Oh well.

Edit: Just tried the XG-C100C in the QNAP TS-453Be... yeah!:headbang:
It works and is identified as a 10G card (I only have tried it a 1Gbe). All I have to do is now either get another one for the Mac that is guaranteed to work, or find out if I can get another one of these cards going. QNAP wan't an arm and leg for there cards, so I have saved a few dollars this way. It cost here in Australia AU$135 = US$100.

Last edited:
This is an amazing guide! I have it bookmarked as my parts are on the way. It will be very similar to what you did. Thank you!
hey there.. thanks again for an amazing guide. Did mine this weekend. Running into one issue.. trying to use ecamm facetime recorder with the same vid card and cpu as you but getting and unexpected message that the computer isn't running fast enough to record in high quality. And the puter slows to a crawl. Did you do something specific to get the full power out of the 580? It's like it's trying to do it with the cpu and not letting the card take over. Does that make sense?

hey there.. thanks again for an amazing guide. Did mine this weekend. Running into one issue.. trying to use ecamm facetime recorder with the same vid card and cpu as you but getting and unexpected message that the computer isn't running fast enough to record in high quality. And the puter slows to a crawl. Did you do something specific to get the full power out of the 580? It's like it's trying to do it with the cpu and not letting the card take over. Does that make sense?
There should be no issues with the hardware. The RX580 is natively supported in High Sierra.

This sounds like a software issue with your ecamm recorder software.
I would google the exact text from the error message you're receiving from that software and/or contact their support.

There should be no issues with the hardware. The RX580 is natively supported in High Sierra.

This sounds like a software issue with your ecamm recorder software.
I would google the exact text from the error message you're receiving from that software and/or contact their support.
Thanks man.. I did that.. hoping to hear back with a solution. Also, I'm trying use USB audio on the set up. Output sounds crisp, clear and perfect. Input, however, is nothing but a high pitched electronic buzz. Doesn't pick up audio at all. Any ideas? I added the USB audio Kext from Mavericks as suggested here. Didn't help.

Just for the record. I tried yesterday to do a clean install with HFS+ format for the NVME drive.

The installation was ok, but when was the time to boot from nvme ssd and not from the usb, the system restart after a while of apple logo screen. I couldn't find any solution so I revert it back to apfs and everything is ok.

I’ve actually duplicated this build to the letter. I even “delidded” my CPU help with overclocking.

The system is GREAT. Runs cool. Have booted USB builds of Ubuntu and put the CPU through its paces. Runs solid at 5GHz.

That being said...I have yet to get this stupid MultiBeast media creator to complete successfully. Such a pain in the rear!!

I’ve actually duplicated this build to the letter. I even “delidded” my CPU help with overclocking.

The system is GREAT. Runs cool. Have booted USB builds of Ubuntu and put the CPU through its paces. Runs solid at 5GHz.

That being said...I have yet to get this stupid MultiBeast media creator to complete successfully. Such a pain in the rear!!

Completely my bad. Didn't follow the directions accordingly. I'm all good now. :)

This system runs SO COOL at 5 Ghz...I wonder if it is fruitful to over clock it further...

Completely my bad. Didn't follow the directions accordingly. I'm all good now. :)

This system runs SO COOL at 5 Ghz...I wonder if it is fruitful to over clock it further...
I would simply leave it at 5Ghz and use the BIOS overclocking and call it a day.

The real-word benefits of a system that generates a 31,000 geekbench score vs. 32,000 are likely non-existent, and it could introduce stability issues. I have it running at 5Ghz and the temp is great and it's completely stable. Just my take.

I agree. I "delidded" my CPU. The temps are SOOO cool. Super impressive.

Back