Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

@HackaShaq

Great guide, really !

I'm gearing up myself for a very similar (first time hackintosh ever) build. I'm still waiting for all the components to arrive, but this is what's scheduled :

CPU: 8086x
MB : Aorus gaming 7
GPU : Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse
RAM : Tridentz 3200 Ghz 14CL
COOLING : Noctua NH-D15
PSU : Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850 Gold
CASE : NZXT H700i
SSD : 960 pro 1. To

I'm still undecided concerning my boot SSD. I'd like a ultra-fast M.2 250 GB boot drive, then a "slower" M.2 for storage. The 960 pro is too powerful for mere storage, but there's not 250 GB pro edition and I would like something better than EVO. Any suggestions ? Would an optane drive be overkill (it's overpriced for sure). I'm tempted to wait for the Patriot Viper M.2 to come out with very promising write speeds. Any other suggestions ?

Otherwise, did you delid the cpu for OC ?

Any suggestions for wifi/BT ? I'd like to avoid PCIe cards with antennas sticking out of the case for esthetic reasons. Maybe a combo wifi/BT usb ?
This is practically a completely different setup, LOL. An insanely powerful one, but completely different.

Hi @HackaShaq, just to let you know I updated my 10.13.5 to 10.13.6 earlier yesterday morning. All is well and the install went smooth for me. Others have had some issues. I backed up using CCC to a spare SSD, just in case.
I've been running Windows 10 and Linux in Parallels Desktop and hitting the system quite hard... just works! And blinding fast

Hi @HackaShaq, just to let you know I updated my 10.13.5 to 10.13.6 earlier yesterday morning. All is well and the install went smooth for me. Others have had some issues. I backed up using CCC to a spare SSD, just in case.
I've been running Windows 10 and Linux in Parallels Desktop and hitting the system quite hard... just works! And blinding fast
Great news, and thanks for the confirmation. I love this build.
I still have your exact RAM on my To Do list to see if I can squeak some extra performance out of this build, but for the time being, this thing runs like a champ.

Everything ok for me too with the update (10.13.6)

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 23.28.52.png

This is practically a completely different setup, LOL. An insanely powerful one, but completely different.

well, yes, there's some differences, but the mobo is the same. I mean, can I still follow the installation guide or is this a completely different process?

a direct comparison to the imac pro benchmark would be awesome :)

Last edited:
Back