Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7 3770K, 32GB, 480GB SSD, 2TB HDD, GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was running from the HD4000, connected to the minidisplay ports. I didn't even try the GTX670 during the install stage, so I can't say whether it would have worked or not.

From the sounds of it you have followed my instructions to initialise both the HD4000 (IGFX) and GTX670 (PEG), achieved by initialising IGFX first. If you only have one monitor or can connect multiple monitors to your GTX 670, without the need for the HD4000, I would just use the GTX 670 (initialise PEG graphics first in BIOS, or even auto would do the trick).

Just a quick question for Dawsman: When you first ran Unibeast to install ML and then booted into ML to run Multibeast, were you running from your HD4000 graphics or your GTX670?

I get a black screen when I try to boot into ML or Unibeast going out of my 670 although I can view the BIOS and Chimera boot screens fine and the HD4000 works fine. I was having the same problem with Windows 8 up until yesterday when I don't know what I did but it just sorted itself out somehow and started working.

So did you have signal from the GTX670 from the beginning or did you have to use the HD4000 until you were able to install drivers and certain boot flags like GraphicsEnabler=No before you could use it?

+! dawsman. I neglected to realized that not everyone has rushed to install the Generic USB 3 kext by RehabMan. :thumbup:

I actually did install the update with the new multibeast. And the back ports work great.

I'm actually starting to think its a faulty graphics card again because my Windows stopped recognising it overnight and now I can't even see the BIOS page anymore on it. I'm going to remove it and get everything working properly, then try and install it and see what happens.

Hey dawsman, how did you edit your computer name in About this Mac?
I managed to change the picture, but when trying to edit the name in the smbios.plist it still says 'Mac mini'.

Screen Shot 2013-05-05 at 10.03.49.png

Hey dawsman, how did you edit your computer name in About this Mac?
I managed to change the picture, but when trying to edit the name in the smbios.plist it still says 'Mac mini'.

View attachment 55279

It's not as simple as editing the name in smbios.plist. I had a link to an external website in my OP but it was removed by the mods, so I won't re-post it.

PM sent.

Edit: Can't send PM's yet because I don't have enough posts. Google it and you should find out how relatively easily.

Just search this forum, as it's been documented a while ago. The other sites lifted the technique from here. :thumbdown:

Oh, all right. http://www.tonymacx86.com/customization/76028-guide-how-customize-about-mac.html

Hi Stork

I noticed that the above thread as well as the one linked in my build post doesn't actually tell you how to change the system name, at least not the method I used. Allow me:

1. Download and install TextWrangler (freeware): http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/ - note this will become the default program to view text files (.plist files in this case)

2. Enable showing of hidden files by running the following command from terminal:

Code:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

To stop showing hidden files when you're done, run the following command from terminal:

Code:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

3. From the Finder menubar, click "Go", then "Go to folder", and navigate to "/Users/<yourusername>/Library/Preferences"

4. Navigate to the file "com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist", and open with TextWrangler

5. There are several system names in this file. Replace the one you are currently using with the name you wish to use, including the year in brackets.

6. Save the file, logout or restart. That's it!

Couldn't wait till summer, just finished building it, now the software part :D!

I have the exact same parts as you and my sleep doesn't work. When I select sleep my computer it goes into "sleep mode" but after about 5 seconds it turns back on.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back