Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P with Mavericks (Pentium E6300, Biostar 9400GT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This was a surprisingly hassle-free install with no DSDT shenanigans required. Most of my trouble came earlier when I upgraded this to ML from SL and had to figure out the correct boot settings. Here is what my org.chameleon.boot.plist looks like (if you don't want verbose boot, remove the "-v" from Kernel flags. I recommend just replacing the one in your unibeast install drive with this.):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v darkwake=1 dart=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

To get sleep working, I installed SleepEnabler.kext with kext utility. I also have darkwake=1 and dart=0 as boot flags for this. For audio, I deleted any existing AppleHDA/HDAEnabler.kext files and installed the Realtek 889a codec from Multibeast.

Finally, to use a wifi connection with my TP-Link Wireless N adapter, I got the 10.7 v1021 Wlan 11n USB driver. This should be pretty easy to find on Google.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Nice! Bookmarked. Thanks for the tip(s) this may come in handy when i build another hackintosh using this board (second hand). i'm just waiting for the new casing and the 8gb memory sticks before i start. :) cheers!

Question guys.. where can I find the org.chameleon.boot.plist in the unibeast usb drive?

In my Unibeast USB drive, I only have the Install OS X Maverick.app. If I show contents, inside the Contents folder, I only got the "info.plist" and "version.plist"

- - - Updated - - -

Question guys.. where can I find the org.chameleon.boot.plist in the unibeast usb drive?

In my Unibeast USB drive, I only have the Install OS X Maverick.app. Inside the Contents folder, I only got the "info.plist" and "version.plist"

In my Unibeast USB drive, I only have the Install OS X Maverick.app. If I show contents, inside the Contents folder, I only got the "info.plist" and "version.plist"

- - - Updated - - -

In my Unibeast USB drive, I only have the Install OS X Maverick.app. Inside the Contents folder, I only got the "info.plist" and "version.plist"

Hmmm. its in the /Extra of OSX Drive. That directory is created once Chameleon or Chimera is installed. Try to install Chimera from Multibeast. Just don't forget the Kernel Flags PCIRootUID=1 (assuming you have the same board).

Successfully installed Mavericks. It's on dual boot with Win7 64bit. My specs:

MoBo: EP45-UD3P
Proc: Intel Q9550
RAM: Kingston 4x2GB 800MHz
GPU: Palit 9600 GT
HDD: 2TB Seagate SSHD

Now updating to 10.9.1...

Yeah, I got the same board..v1.6

Finally, I am able to install Maverick. I just need to to type "darkwake=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIROOTUID=1 npci=0x2000" for the 1st boot.

There are 2 issues remaining:
1. it shows my machine as 4.3 Ghz quad core Xeon. Mine is a Q9550
2. I am not able to turn it off. Monitor will go off if I click shut down but CPU still on.

Did you have the same issues?

What kind of sleepenabler.kext you used?

Yeah, I got the same board..v1.6

Finally, I am able to install Maverick. I just need to to type "darkwake=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIROOTUID=1 npci=0x2000" for the 1st boot.

There are 2 issues remaining:
1. it shows my machine as 4.3 Ghz quad core Xeon. Mine is a Q9550
2. I am not able to turn it off. Monitor will go off if I click shut down but CPU still on.

Did you have the same issues?

What kind of sleepenabler.kext you used?

Mine is rev. 1.1. Anyway, for the 4.3Ghz, edit your smbios.plist in /Extra. Assuming you have the same processor Q9550, just add the following entry:

<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1281</string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>2830</string>

just google the sleepenabler.kext. :)

Thanks for you info. That fixed the CPU info.

For the can't turn off issue, it persists even after I install the sleepenabler.kext. This is driving me nuts!! I don't have the issue in Lion but ML does. The more I read, looks like I need to try plugging different usb port.

If you have more ideas for me to try, let me know.

Hi , i successfully installed mavericks on my PC ,but i can't make functional QE/CI on my GPU ,an geforce 9400GT 512 MB of vram .
My specs. are :
Gigabyte ga-g41m-es2l
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
4 GB RAM
MSI GeForce 9400GT with 512 mb of vram
500 Gb hard drive

This was a surprisingly hassle-free install with no DSDT shenanigans required. Most of my trouble came earlier when I upgraded this to ML from SL and had to figure out the correct boot settings. Here is what my org.chameleon.boot.plist looks like (if you don't want verbose boot, remove the "-v" from Kernel flags. I recommend just replacing the one in your unibeast install drive with this.):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v darkwake=1 dart=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

To get sleep working, I installed SleepEnabler.kext with kext utility. I also have darkwake=1 and dart=0 as boot flags for this. For audio, I deleted any existing AppleHDA/HDAEnabler.kext files and installed the Realtek 889a codec from Multibeast.

Finally, to use a wifi connection with my TP-Link Wireless N adapter, I got the 10.7 v1021 Wlan 11n USB driver. This should be pretty easy to find on Google.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

I need help for my 9400 GT ! It boot normaly but a have not QE or CI , i am stuk at 1280x1024 with a monitor that support 1920 x 1080p ! Can you help me ? my Graphic card is am MSI Geforce 9400 GT 512 MB. In mountain lion it work verry well.

Tanks a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back