Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P with Mavericks (Pentium E6300, Biostar 9400GT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks htrajan,

It is a brilliant machine and slightly over-clock (Q9550@3,5GHz) it outperforms some current i5 machines... :D

80728-ga-ep45-ud3p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

My old Lifehacker Hackintosh has been running like a champ since I built it in Sep 2009. It started on OSX 10.6, upgraded it to 10.8 with no problems (skipped Lion) and am now running 10.8.5. Thought I'd upgrade to OSX 10.9 so my wife would be running the same OS on this box as on her MacBook Air. Downloaded Mavericks from the App Store and followed the TonyMac instructions to make a bootable USB drive with OSX 10.9.1 using UniBeast. Unfortunately, when I point to the USB to boot from, I get one flash of the screen and then it restarts and boots into my OSX 10.8 build. Here are the pertinent specs on what I've got
Motherboard - Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (v. 1.6)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Boot Drive - Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Video Card - EVGA GTS 250

Anybody got an idea on how to upgrade the old girl. It won't be the end of the world if it stays on 10.8.5 but now it's a matter of pride. Has anybody just done a dirty install of OSX 10.9 over the top of their 10.8 installation just using the downloaded OSX 10.9 image from the App Store?

I'll try to rebuild the USB jumpdrive again with a different jumpdrive.

From all I see this setup should work. I've done some additional research and have tried a number of boot scripts that have been recommended for older Nvidia graphics cards. So far I've tried:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes NPCI=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1
and
GraphicsEnabler=Yes NPCI=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1
and
-x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes NPCI=0x2000
and
-x -v -f BuiltInEthernet=Yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes
and
IGPEnabler=No

I also pulled everything from my USB ports except for the keyboard/mouse and USB jumpdrive I built with UniBeast. AS I mentioned, when I point the system to boot from the USB drive I get a brief grey flash after a few seconds of a dark screen. Then the system restarts and I see the Gigabyte splash screen. If I do nothing the system then boots as it normally does into my Mountain Lion SSD.

It looks the problem probably is the video card. I've not adverse to getting a new GTX 650 if I have to but obviously don't want to drop $125 if I don't have to. That said I also might just stay on 10.8.5. It's been rock solid.

Anybody got some other ideas?

Hi there,

it drives me crazy....i have almost the same machine as most of you in this Post here

I installed 10.9 on my Hackintosh as explained here (..install with GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIROOTUID=1)

After install my Drive is not bootable - only with USB Stick connected AND WITH EVERY REBOOT MY CMOS IS CLEARED.....really funny...

After installing Multibeast - nothing boots anymore... (in verbose mode i saw kernel panic at Bluetooth sometimes depending which )

PLEASE can somebody who is running the same Configuration tell me the right way in a little tutorial???

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P F9 Rev 1.0, Intel Q9550, 8GB GEil DDR2, ASUS Nvidia 9800GT, 1TB WD Green

Hi,

Please take a look at this, and good luck:

GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard, Q9400 Core2Quad CPU and ASUS NVIDIA GT210 video card
http://hu.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-ep45-ud3p_10

USB Boot Tonymacx86.com UniBeast Maverick
Boot flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1
(later two for NVIDIA 210)

Install as usual, reboot

Boot from HDD(SSD) with boot flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

MultiBeast
Quick Start: DTST Free
Drivers:
3rd Party SATA
FakeSMC v5.3.820
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset​
Bootloader Chimera v2.2.1
Boot options:
Basic Boot Options
Generate CPU States
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Hibernate Mode - Desktop
PCI Root ID Fix
Use Kernel Cache​
Customize: Themes
tonymacx86 Black​
Drivers:
Audio: Without DSDT - ALC885/889a
Misc: FakeSMS, plugin and HWMonitor
Misc: NullCPUPowerManagement (HPET KP error and/or BIOS reset)
Network: Realtek - AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6​

Have same board, never got sleep to work. Please tell me where I can get SleepEnabler kext it's not a multibeast choice anywhere I can find. Thanks!!!

Decided that the problem lay in the Nvidia EVGA GTS 250 graphics card. No combination of GraphicsEnabler and PCIRootUID would get me beyond the install screen. Since the machine isn't used for games, I decided to get an inexpensive (~ $50) EVGA Nvidia GT 620 card that reports indicated worked with Mavericks. At the Unibeast USB install I entered "GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1". From then on it was smooth sailing with just a couple of adjustments. I used the MultiBeast settings above and it's now up and running great.

I guess the old girl lives for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back