Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z97X-UD5H / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 760 / 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SUCCESS]GA-Z97X-UD5H / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 760 / 10.9.4

You can also boot using the Chimera boot flags GeneratePStates=No & GenerateCStates=No. Then, using TextEdit, change those two options in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file to No.

Can anyone help with updating to Yosemite?

Just wanting some general help in regards to the Multibeast settings post-installation. Here is my setup:
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H Intel Core i7 4790k Geforce GT 740 Corsair Vengeance 16gb (8gb x 2) 1600 mHz DDR 3 RAM
I have tried a combination of Multibeast settings. I am asking for some troubleshooting tips. I have read through some documentation in regards to Multibeast, but was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for more detailed info about the specific settings. I am trying to understand what all of the specific settings do.
Also, I see that a lot of people are talking about kernel panics. I am assuming you are starting up in verbose mode. When doing that, what are you specifically looking for? How do you know if there was a kernel panic or not?
Does anyone have any ideas on Multibeast settings for my setup?

dsdt free
audio > alc 1150, intel 9 series mb support
misc - evoreboot, fakesmc
network - killer alxethernet 1.0.3

bootloaders - chimera

- use kernel cache
- system definitions iMac 14,2

that should get you going for the start.

Thanks Shanike for the help!

Could you help with a few more things?

Should the audio in the back of the mobo be working now? I was unable to get the audio working in the back, just using the headphone jack.

Also, iTunes movies aren't working. Click on play and there is a blank screen.

Last thing, I bought a new monitor and having trouble with the proper settings. The colors look okay, not ideal, but I can play with those settings. Do you know how to fix the text at all?

I am using an ASUS 27" monitor running from DVI to HDMI.

Please let me know when you have some time.

I only use the green audio connector in the back and that's working fine, I can't confirm regarding the other jacks.

the only audio issue known to me is there is no audio after wake, but you can solve this easily using this nifty utility:
https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset

there is currently no solution for the iTunes DRM issue you're facing, more info here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-softw...deo-not-playing-sd-hd-drm-content-solved.html

monitor - no idea man, I have a dualboot with win7 and Mavericks on my hack and the display quality is just the same on both OSes.
try using native connection whenever you can, so HDMI<>HDMI, but something tells me this is not the real culprit.

Hi,
first of All thanks for sharing your experience.

i have an Hackintosh quite similar yours. GA-z87x-ud5h as motherboard, i7-4790k as cpu, 16gb of Crucial Ballistik sport RAM and the GTX760. I installed yosemite, thanks to Tonymacx86 guide and your thread too.
but i can't install the audio driver. I try using multibeast, setting dsdt free option, and Then only the Realtek ALC1150 driver, but when i reboot the computer it always show an error screen, and i can't enter anymore to the OS. I have to re-install once again All the OS and recover my time machine backup.

where ma i wrong? SOMEONE can Help fixing this problem? I'm going mad..

thanks

p.s.
i don't have in my multibeast choices the "motherboard 9series.." Audio driver voice.. Why?

you have quite a different configuration since you're using the older x87 board, which has ALC898 sound chip, therefore you're installing incorrect kext.

choose the correct kext and you should be fine.

BTW: no need to reinstall, use the -x flag during boot to get to safe mode, remove the problematic kext there, flush kernel cache and reboot to normal mode.

ZeroNoRik

You are right, i Made a mistake. I do have the Z97x, i've typed wrong, sorry :)

but thanks for the safe mode advice. :)

i don't know why, but in the end the correct driver worked..

so i'm happy, and now i have just to figure out how to fix the wi-fi issue of my tp-link wi-fi card...

i found some guidelines about to modify the IO80211family kext, but still nothing have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back