Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z97X-UD5H / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 760 / 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only HDMI on my 4K Samsung tv
Could that be the problem, maybe ?
Should i try with DP ( graphic card ) to HDMI ( tv ) ? Does it make a difference ?

I attached here 2 images
What else do i need to check or uncheck ?
Thank you

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    952.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    884.4 KB · Views: 220
I have the same Mobo and processor as you and have set up my BIOS according to the El Capitan installation guide by Tony but when I try to boot from my USB it doesn't even let me arrive at the installer. Instead it drops out at the Apple logo, restarts, and goes back to Clover. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have:

16GB RAM
GTX 970 FTW

MacZilla88, Are your using the Boot Argument "nv_disable=1"? (See #3 at http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...st-solutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html)

At the Clover Boot screen, click on the "Gears" icon. Click on the "boot args" (2nd line from the top) and add nv_disable=1. Hit keyboard return, then click on Return at the bottom of the list. Then, double click on the installer USB.

You'll have to do this for the initial installation and at the reboot for the 2nd phase of the installation. In the 2nd phase (or part) of the installation, after you run MultiBeast, don't reboot. Install the Nvidia web drivers, then reboot. (Make sure you download the Nivida web drivers and put them on the UniBeast USB Installer thumb drive along with MultiBeast. :thumbup:) My installation guide for my Hector build will give you an idea of how to do this > http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-gtx-750-ti-using-clover-el-capitan.html#Prep.

I have the same Mobo and processor as you and have set up my BIOS according to the El Capitan installation guide by Tony but when I try to boot from my USB it doesn't even let me arrive at the installer. Instead it drops out at the Apple logo, restarts, and goes back to Clover. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In addition to Stork's excellent and thorough suggestions, you might want to try pulling the video card and seeing if you can proceed through the installation process with just the IGP. This can help you determine for sure that the nVidia card is the source of your pain. But from my perspective that is certainly the issue.

While I have upgraded the box that was (is?) the subject to this thread to El Capitan I am still just using the GTX 760 which doesn't require additional driver manipulation.

*Edited for obsolete reference to nvinject. I must be getting old.

You guys are the best! Thank you so much for this advice and for bearing with yet another green horn here. I'll give these solutions a go and let y'all know what happens. Cheers!

MacZilla88, Are your using the Boot Argument "nv_disable=1"? (See #3 at http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...st-solutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html)

At the Clover Boot screen, click on the "Gears" icon. Click on the "boot args" (2nd line from the top) and add nv_disable=1. Hit keyboard return, then click on Return at the bottom of the list. Then, double click on the installer USB.

You'll have to do this for the initial installation and at the reboot for the 2nd phase of the installation. In the 2nd phase (or part) of the installation, after you run MultiBeast, don't reboot. Install the Nvidia web drivers, then reboot. (Make sure you download the Nivida web drivers and put them on the UniBeast USB Installer thumb drive along with MultiBeast. :thumbup:) My installation guide for my Hector build will give you an idea of how to do this > http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-gtx-750-ti-using-clover-el-capitan.html#Prep.
Hi Stork,

I've run into a new preliminary snag: when I insert my completed bootable USB into my 2.0 port, Clover doesn't seem to be recognizing it and just says "Start UEFI Shell 64." I've set up my bios according to Tony's specs and set the Clover Boot Argument to nv_disable=1. I'm wondering what I'm missing or doing by mistake. If you or someone else can shed some light on this mystery I would be enormously grateful! Thanks for your time! The pics below show my current BIOS settings:

IMG_5096[1].jpgIMG_5097[1].jpgIMG_5098[1].jpgIMG_5099[1].jpgIMG_5100[1].jpgIMG_5101[1].jpgIMG_5102[1].jpgIMG_5103[1].jpgIMG_5104[1].jpg

MacZilla88,

I noticed three things in your BIOS. First, XHCI should be Enabled, not Smart Auto. Second, IGPX should be Disabled if you're just using your graphics card. Third, Wake-on-LAN should be Disabled.

Make sure you put the UniBeast USB thumb drive in the USB port in the same "stack" as the PS/2 plug.

MacZilla88,

I noticed three things in your BIOS. First, XHCI should be Enabled, not Smart Auto. Second, IGPX should be Disabled if you're just using your graphics card. Third, Wake-on-LAN should be Disabled.

Make sure you put the UniBeast USB thumb drive in the USB port in the same "stack" as the PS/2 plug.
Thanks, Stork, I finished setting up the Bios as you directed and remade the bootable USB excluding the Graphics Configuration in UniBeast after realizing that I had accidentally included it previously. I managed to reach the OS X installer this time, completed the install, rebooted from the USB into my primary SSD drive with the newly installed OS X, ran MultiBeast from the USB and installed the drivers, installed the NVidia drivers as you instructed, and reboot the system.

Unfortunately, now Clover won't let me boot my main SSD with OS X on it. Once I turn on my computer, the Gigabyte logo appears as usual, and then the Clover screen appears. When I select "Boot Mac OS X from Primary Samsung SSD" the white Apple logo appears and it starts booting, but before it finishes, a string of text appears on the left side of the screen (see picture below) and the computer restarts to the Gigabyte logo and back to Clover.

I fear I may have made another green horn mistake somewhere and I'm puzzled as to how to fix this. Any additional advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated from anyone.
IMG_5108[1].jpg

Does anyone have any possible suggestions/solutions for the difficulty I outlined above? Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back