Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z97X-UD5H / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 760 / 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SUCCESS]GA-Z97X-UD5H / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 760 / 10.9.4

Hi Palagius

I am newbie for Hackintosh with below configuration.

Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU - Intel Core i7-4970
Graphics Card - GeForce GTX 460
RAM - 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 - Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9
Drives - Samsung SATA 6Gb/s 250GB SSD

I have the blank screen after few minutes with boot : GraphicsEnabler=Yes, BUT I got the gentlemen announcer after few minutes the black screen to ask me to hit return to choose English as the default language. After hit the enter, still black screen, the machine turn off few hours later.

Many thanks with your post. I will follow your footstep and see any chance to boot up the installer screen.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

Nice work Palagius, the GenerateP/CStates tip was very helpful. Have a similar system (Z97X-UD5H-BK F6/i7 4790K/16GB/GTX 760/10.9.4) up and running. Was able to boot from onboard USB3.0 using UniBeast 4 with boot flags -v and maxmem=4096 (needed or would get kernel panics) during initial install and first boot from SSD (didn't have to use -x). Multibeast with similar settings (some more current ones):

Everything seems to be working fine so far!

Oh and using Multibeast 6.4...

Attachments

• MB6.4 Z97X-UD5H-BK F6 Screenshot.png
    MB6.4 Z97X-UD5H-BK F6 Screenshot.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 590

Hi Palagius and everyone else

I was wondering if any of you got any kind of problems when installing 10.9.4, I'm referring to the fact that when reaching Disk Utility...my drive is not seen at all!
10.9.0 works perfectly, from start to finish, I only have to use -v, just for curiosity, to see what's going on there :)

10.9.4 downloaded from Apps, using Unibeast for making the USB drive, everything according to the instructions :)

Thank you

I know I have a different mobo but I just wanted to share that I just got my front and rear green audio ports working on my GA-Z97X-UD7 TH on 10.9.4 by installing Toleda's HDAEnabler12 and KextWizard (in System/Library/Extensions). Thanks a bunch to all of you guys.:clap:

My system is being built as a dedicated FinalCut X machine as I want to leave my "real" MacPro (2010 12-core 2.93GHz) dedicated to Pro Tools as my actual work machine. Now to save for a video card upgrade!

Hi Palagius and everyone else

I was wondering if any of you got any kind of problems when installing 10.9.4, I'm referring to the fact that when reaching Disk Utility...my drive is not seen at all!
10.9.0 works perfectly, from start to finish, I only have to use -v, just for curiosity, to see what's going on there :)

10.9.4 downloaded from Apps, using Unibeast for making the USB drive, everything according to the instructions :)

Thank you

If it's not seeing your disk I would verify that in your BIOS you have the SATA configuration set to AHCI, and that the drive shows up in the BIOS. It's possible you simply have a bum disk. Is it known-good?

Hi Palagius,
Your post was really helpful in getting my system up and running finally. I have a similar build with less Ram. Everything was working great until I had to go blow it with the update to 10.9.4. Now I'm back to having issues with my GTX 760. In my search, I found the new Nvidia web drivers. I deleted the old ones rebuilt permissions, installed the new ones and updated permissions again. I added the kernel flag nvda_drv=1 to boot.plist. Now my system just reboots in an endless loop. I can get to my desktop if I use boot argument nvda_drv=0 but my specifications show NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB instead of the GTX 760 and the color and graphics are terrible. I haven't removed the kernel flag yet because I've been looking for a solution. I've tried the suggestions to change the version in the SystemVersion.plist and that didn't work. Did you have this issue and if so, how did you fix it?

Oh I should mention I updated my bios to F7, F8 is not yet available for my motherboard.

Here's a screenshot of my specs and boot.plist. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.49.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.49.02 PM.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 245
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.55.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.55.37 PM.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 281

Hi Palagius,
Your post was really helpful in getting my system up and running finally. I have a similar build with less Ram. Everything was working great until I had to go blow it with the update to 10.9.4. Now I'm back to having issues with my GTX 760. In my search, I found the new Nvidia web drivers. I deleted the old ones rebuilt permissions, installed the new ones and updated permissions again. I added the kernel flag nvda_drv=1 to boot.plist. Now my system just reboots in an endless loop. I can get to my desktop if I use boot argument nvda_drv=0 but my specifications show NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB instead of the GTX 760 and the color and graphics are terrible. I haven't removed the kernel flag yet because I've been looking for a solution. I've tried the suggestions to change the version in the SystemVersion.plist and that didn't work. Did you have this issue and if so, how did you fix it?

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I had strange / flaky problems similar to what you described when I was using the older 570 card. Once I bumped to the GTX 760 I did not have any issues, and I absolutely did not install third party / web drivers for the video card. I'm not using anything like the nvidia_drv flag, either.

Here's my current boot plist for comparison:
Code:
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
        <key>IGPEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>

What motherboard are you using? The identical board? I'm puzzled you don't have the same BIOS release available?

Thanks for the quick response! I did have one line in my boot.plist so I'm going to change it and see if that has an affect. I have the GA-Z97X-UD3H board. I think something is funky with it anyway because the time will not save in the bios. It's new so maybe there is something wrong with the board and it's causing all these things to happen. I opened a support ticket with Gigabyte so hopefully they will offer a solution to that.

I didn't have any trouble with the GTX760 in my system either and except for the UD5H (vs your UD3H) our systems are quite similar. Used the GTX760 with Unibeast 4 Mavericks 10.9.4 and MultiBeast 6.4 from a clean install and didn't need to do anything special except disable onboard graphics, Vt-D and Wake on LAN. Your BIOS has all the most current changes that the UD5H BIOS does but is just numbered differently because of your different motherboard. Not sure why you would have any problems.

My system:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 2.21.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 2.21.17 AM.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 2.22.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 2.22.37 AM.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 183

I didn't have any trouble with the GTX760 in my system either and except for the UD5H (vs your UD3H) our systems are quite similar. Used the GTX760 with Unibeast 4 Mavericks 10.9.4 and MultiBeast 6.4 from a clean install and didn't need to do anything special except disable onboard graphics, Vt-D and Wake on LAN. Your BIOS has all the most current changes that the UD5H BIOS does but is just numbered differently because of your different motherboard. Not sure why you would have any problems.

My system:

Your comments help support my suspicion that I may have a bad motherboard. It takes about 30 seconds before post and I have not been able to get the system time to save in the bios. It consistently reverts back to 5 hours ahead of my current time. I'm hoping to hear from Gigabyte this week with a solution. I may have to start looking into Asus products. If the board is damaged this will be the second bad motherboard from Gigabyte that I have received. My original motherboard for this build was a GA-Z87X-UD5H but it wouldn't post so I returned it to the store for this one. I have built many Windows machines over the years and never had an issue with the motherboard. I use all the anti-static precautions to mitigate these types of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back