Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z97X-UD5H / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 760 / 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not expect any issues with using a 970. You may have to turn some additional knobs for nVidia driver enablement, but nothing that is not covered exhaustively elsewhere in the forums. Since I was optimizing around CPU workloads I did not worry about pushing the envelope on GPU performance so I just used something comparatively less expensive on the TonyMacx86 recommended hardware list.

Also, I replaced (via sector level cloning with dd) the Intel 510 SSD in my original build with a Samsung 850 EVO and it works great. Since you have that in your list I figured I would mention that.

I'll post newer results after I rebuild with 10.10 and Clover.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Think I'll pull the trigger on purchasing this week. I'll post results as well.

Everything's ok. Thanx anyway!

Bent cpu socket pins that gave me post errors and only Gen1 settings.
Fortunately 2 pins that I finally managed to fix them. It was difficault but I did it.

Now playing normally with Gen3.

Thanx again

image.jpg
Got most of my parts. Just waiting on the fractal r5 case.

I have one question Pelagius! I have almost the same build as you!
I tried to change the picture in ''about my mac'' section but the osx picture remains :(
Plus the ram,monitor and graphics card was there by themselves.... Any thoughts?

Is there a link or something, where I can download the ethernet drivers? I have everything running except sound and net. Yosemite OS, and no windows right now.
The Ethernet drivers in MultiBeast should work for you. Have your tried them? See page 7 in the MultiBeast Features document that comes with the MultiBeast zip file or at MultiBeast.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back