Contribute
Register

Success!! GA-Z87N-Wifi, i5 4670k, 760gtx CustoMac Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get Mavericks on a DVD or Flash Drive?

How do you get Mavericks on a DVD or Flash Drive?

You do not use a DVD for Mavericks. Assuming that you have access to a Mac or Hack you download Mavericks from the Apple App Store.

If you are unable to find a friend/relative/neighbor/School/college/university or workplace that you can use one. Then you need to purchase Snow Leopard on DVD from Apple direct. This is used with iBoot on your hardware and once you have updated to 10.6.8 you will be able to download Mavericks from the Apple App Store.

Mavericks can be installed using the UniBeast flash drive that you created on your hardware:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104542-im-new-everything-where-do-i-start.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Adrian B

Have you guys got USB 3.0 working on these builds?

I have the same motherboard. I have not been able to find where the HPET setting is in the bios. Please help!

JJiG im a noob building the same rig as you, how can i connect the front fan to the mobo ? i believe this board just have one sys fan connection did u use a molex adapter to 3pin male for the front fan ?

Hello

I just completed and installed mi first build yesterday and I have the same question, I don't know how to connect frontal fan.

Also I have problems with audio, "no audio device" error. I have tried every solution I found in the forum without success.

I've checked the sound card in windows and it works fine, so is not a card problem

Hi,

You'll need to buy something like this to connect both fans:

[AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pin-Fan-Splitter-Cable-Female/dp/B00EY9FYLS[/AMAZON-uk]

(UK site, but sure Amazon US has the same - Do a search for 'fan splitter cable')

HTH,

James

Hello

I just completed and installed mi first build yesterday and I have the same question, I don't know how to connect frontal fan.

I had the same problem.

In my case, it was solved by re-installing Multibeast settings, fixing permissions, then making sure that my non UEFI disk drive was selected in boot options in the BIOS.

I also found that version F4 of the BIOS (for revision 1.0 motherboards) was a lot more stable than F2.

HTH,

James

I'm having issues with sleep/wake. Computer sleeps fine, but as far as wake. Wired keyboard/mouse does not wake the computer. I have to press the power button to wake which the display comes up but everything is frozen.

Also when I leave the computer alone (idle for about 5-10 mins) it will completely shut off, (setting in system pref has sleep off, and only screen saver enabled)

help????!!!

I have the same unit you do, but I'm using built in graphics and I can't get it to work..... how do you disable the VTD in the BIOS? I can't get the option in the F2 BIOS to turn it off.

HELP!!!

C.

Hit F2 again... it is there under the BIOS settings in the graphical interface.

Weird to me. I've got VT-d set enabled and can't be changed in the BIOS (F5) I assume it's because I've got the 4770k processor. Everything I can find on it suggests that the K processors don't support VT-d. I'm still trying to figure out if my problems are related to the VT-d FORCED as enabled in the BIOS. Is this a bug in F5?

Anyone know if BIOS F4 is any better in this regard?

Hit F2 again... it is there under the BIOS settings in the graphical interface.

Weird to me. I've got VT-d set enabled and can't be changed in the BIOS (F5) I assume it's because I've got the 4770k processor. Everything I can find on it suggests that the K processors don't support VT-d. I'm still trying to figure out if my problems are related to the VT-d FORCED as enabled in the BIOS. Is this a bug in F5?

Anyone know if BIOS F4 is any better in this regard?

The boot flag dart=0 will disable VT-d even if it is enabled on your motherboard's BIOS, I had that issue when working with an ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. You can add this boot flag to the Chimera boot plist, and it will disable VT-d for Mac only. However, if you have a K series processor, it should be disabled by default. Hope I was able to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back