Contribute
Register

Success!! GA-Z87N-Wifi, i5 4670k, 760gtx CustoMac Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tha same motherboard with I7-4771 and GTX760 2GB.
I installed Multibeast with the exact same settings, but sleep doesn`t work.
Any ideas?
I tried also darkwake=0 but still the same.
The monitor goes off and i can see the fans of the graphic card stoping for 1 second then they start again..the monitor remains still off but the computer is on. If i move the mouse or keyboard the desktop appears no problem.
This is my third re-installation of Mavericks. At one point i think i was using the optimized default in bios without anything else and the computer went to sleep but when wake up freeze.

Does anybody have a solution?
Thank you.

While I havent used this particular board, your hardware is a match made in heaven for a hackintosh. System Definition iMac14,2 and and a proper SSDT.aml file generated from ssdtPRGen and it should work brilliant. Have you got a DSDT in there at all ?

The reason I say this ? I have a build with the same model CPU and GPU and they are a very close match for the iMac14,2. Its the easiest hackintosh build Ive ever put together.

I did this build but with a 4770k and 770 4gb and everything works perfect. I have the similar issue where the PC goes to sleep but I hear my cooler spooling up and down. (h100) also how can you test to make sure you have USB 3.0 working correctly? I backed up my iPhone 5S and felt it took forever.....

Did anyone try the onboard graphics with this hardware? For me it´s not working properly :/

In your BIOS did you set your graphics display to be IGX and not PCIe?

On another note, I'm having trouble using darkwake=0, I'm unable to recover after my machine goes into a deep sleep. Anyone having the same issues and have any solutions?

In your BIOS did you set your graphics display to be IGX and not PCIe?

On another note, I'm having trouble using darkwake=0, I'm unable to recover after my machine goes into a deep sleep. Anyone having the same issues and have any solutions?

I tried both, none of them worked :/

On my other hackintosh it works perfectly outof the box with HD 4000.

For me deep sleep works ok, just USB keyboard not working after wake but i just need to re-connect it and it works.

I follow your guide, i got the exact same components.

for some reason after the install in the Welcome Screen it get stuck after a few secs.

i try to deactivate the integrated ethernet and install all the osx again, with no luck.

any idea?

i did try -v, graphics enabler on/off, :banghead:

thanks !!!!

I just updated to the F6 bios for the Z87N-Wifi. For some reason this bios renders OS X unable to boot successfully. I am not sure what the cause is. I remember I updated before and I had to switch back to the F5 bios to make OS X work again. F6 causes the Chimera boot loader to show the video display a little slower.

Have you been able to use the F6 bios? I found this post on insanelymac, I wonder if the cause is the Trim command like it was for him.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302274-clock-issue-with-msi-geforce-gtx-660-wclover-on-yosemite/

After several crashes one of my machines has stopped booting properly. Is there a way to find out exactly what options I had selected in MultiBeast when I originally set up this machine?

It's identical to 5 others. So I can compare their BIOS settings, but also want to compare their MultiBeast options.

TIA,
Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back