Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've looked at a few guides, and I've managed to get audio working on the GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard.

In short, what I did was follow this guide on a FRESH install of Mountain Lion, using GUIDE A.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=275228

However when it instructed me to remove the AppleHDA.kext I did the following:

• Open Terminal
  • type cd /System/Library/Extensions
  • Type sudo rm -rf AppleHDA.kext
  • close terminal

Then I installed the AppleHDA disabler kext anyway, with kext wizard. And followed the rest of the guide up until the prompt to reboot. Upon rebooting I didn't get sound like the guide promised. I then:

• opened Multibeast from USB
  • Installed the universal driver from the audio section
  • rebooted

And there we go, I had sound AND microphone input supported. The preference pane also works if you install it after those steps.

I hope this works for others, the audio for this particular motherboard has been an issue it seems.

I've looked at a few guides, and I've managed to get audio working on the GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard.

In short, what I did was follow this guide on a FRESH install of Mountain Lion, using GUIDE A.

I have the same mobo and am getting ready for my install of Mountain Lion. What bios version are you using? For your fresh install, did you go with EasyBeast installation in MultiBeast or did you do something else? Does the ToSlink port work with your method? Also, to get your sound working, did you download the associated files from the other forum or did you pick them up on this site? TIA

Sorry for the late reply. I'm using bios version F10 I believe on revision 1.0.
I got the files from other sites as linked.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=275228

However when it instructed me to remove the AppleHDA.kext I did the following:

• Open Terminal
  • type cd /System/Library/Extensions
  • Type sudo rm -rf AppleHDA.kext
  • close terminal

Then I installed the AppleHDA disabler kext anyway, with kext wizard. And followed the rest of the guide up until the prompt to reboot. Upon rebooting I didn't get sound like the guide promised. I then:

• opened Multibeast from USB
  • Installed the universal driver from the audio section
  • rebooted

And there we go, I had sound AND microphone input supported. The preference pane also works if you install it after those steps.

I hope this works for others, the audio for this particular motherboard has been an issue it seems.

And you aren't getting KP upon further reboots? I guess if I do the extra things you did, the universal may not make me KP.

Hi! To begin with I would like to state that I am rather new to hackintosh, but from the very first day I got my macbook pro i really began to fancy the ML OS, and decided to convert my desktop into a Hackintosh..

I use the z77x-d3h (f5) with the 3770k, and i found it quite easy to get everything working, except the onboard sound and the lower 4 USB ports..

The guide stated in this thread (above) seem by far to be the easy'est, step by step, but when i install the universal via2021 driver from multibeast, my system crashes on bootup (just after the apple-logo appears).
Beeing the novice-hackintosh-user, I cant find any way around this, except making a fresh install..

Can anybody using a z77x-d3h confirm a way (preferable step by step-guide) to get this setup working with onboard sound?:)

best regards
Jumbe

Useless post ,it dont helps in nothing just point to an old tread whit old 32 bit drivers for lion.

It should be deleted

Sorry for late reply again.

No kernel panics, the only issue with my build is that I have to boot from the USB boot loader because for some reason the boot loader on multi beast won't work, but that's not an audio issue.

Steelfox what on earth are you talking about?

Thanks Sophaya!!
Your guide rocks! Sound works fine on my GA-Z77x-D3H

PS: geekbench x32: 10978

Sophaya your guide rocks!

Success story!

i7-3770k on Z77x-D3H, M.L. 10.8.2, sound working great.

Sophaya your guide rocks!

Success story!

i7-3770k on Z77x-D3H, M.L. 10.8.2, sound working great.

I have had sound working on my Z77x-D3H, but 4 out of 10 startups i get Kernel Panic. On i7-3770, Z77X, ML 10.8.2, GTX 650 1GB.

Was looking for a PERMANENT solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back