Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i7 2700 | USB 3.0 | 10.7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
draken182 said:
Sorry i haven't written back. I had to RMA my Gigabyte board. I recieved a boot loop problem that apparently gigabyte boards are known for having this boot loop problem. It was stating "waiting for ME ready" and then a countdown. It ends up basically getting lost in itself. You can try and breadboard the whole system to try and figure it out, but its pretty well documented across forums that its the bios that are screwed up. no CMOS reset wont work, tried new battery, new PSU, CPU, its the board. I don't know if it was due to the overclocking with the mix of flashing the bios, but something just didnt mix well. So i will be trying a new overclock and test when the board arrives.

The new BIOS Version 11 should help with it. It is out now.

THIS LINK IS FOR GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 REV. !.3 BIOS Update V11
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3973&dl=1#bios

I just installed it on a brand new setup using all the same parts except: 128 gb SSD, 16gb kingston hyperx 1600mhz (red edition), a phantom 410 (black) and the NZXT 850w Bronze edition, instead of gold and it works just fine, no problems.

I am not sure if this works as an update (will let you know) because i get my new motherboard today. It is the same model, hopefully i have better luck with this one. I will post back if everything works out okay on this one wiht just flashing the bios.

Hi,

I've got the same board & processor (only $10 difference at the time between the 2600k & 2700k plus I got a free T-shirt). I'd like to flash the BIOS to V11 - if it will help ward off "boot loops". Currently I'm at V10 with the corresponding V10 DSDT.

Any problems with V11? Do I need a new DSDT?

Thanks in advance.

PS - Mucho thanks to Gordo74, wfj & Stork. Their guides have gotten me this far.

As of this date/time, only F10 BIOS DST is in the DSDT Database. So, don't upgrade your BIOS w/o checking to see if there is a DSDT available for it. I do not know when the DSDTs will be updated, but it should be soon.

BTW, all Z68-UD3H mobo owners should be using the modified F10 DSDT that fixes the sleep/wake-up problem. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50063

Stork said:
As of this date/time, only F10 BIOS DST is in the DSDT Database. So, don't upgrade your BIOS w/o checking to see if there is a DSDT available for it. I do not know when the DSDTs will be updated, but it should be soon.

BTW, all Z68-UD3H mobo owners should be using the modified F10 DSDT that fixes the sleep/wake-up problem. http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50063

Great. Thanks for the link.

Installed latest BIOS F12 and I have a Radeon 7970 with and Ivy bridge i7 3770K and PCI-Express 3.0 still running at 2.0. Anyone got PCI express running correctly with this board? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

The AMD/ATI 6900 and 7000 series are not supported natively in Apple OS X, yet. Maybe in Lion 10.7.5 or Mountain Lion. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back