Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i7 2700 | USB 3.0 | 10.7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same motherboard, same software = grey screen

I have the same motherboard and an i7 CPU (2600K) and I'm trying to use 10.7.3 and UniBeast 1.1.0, but I cannot boot into the OS X installer. The spinning circle below the Apple logo just suddenly freezes and then it goes to a grey screen. I previously got 10.7.0 to install with UniBeast 1.0.0, but I was having trouble with it and I figured I may as well go with the latest versions. The only difference between my system and draken182's are my graphics card and HD. My graphics card is a SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE and my HD is a 1TB, 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda. I'm probably missing something simple, but I've been digging through Google for some time now. Any help is very appreciated.

That is usually because you need to boot from the unibeast drive to get into it first, then you can run the MultiBeast drive after you are in. so, leave the UniBeast in and boot from the "Macintosh HD" when it gives you the option between that and installer. once it logs in, you can remove it. Hope that is understandable? lol

Re: Same motherboard, same software = grey screen

Grimsrud said:
I have the same motherboard and an i7 CPU (2600K) and I'm trying to use 10.7.3 and UniBeast 1.1.0, but I cannot boot into the OS X installer. The spinning circle below the Apple logo just suddenly freezes and then it goes to a grey screen. I previously got 10.7.0 to install with UniBeast 1.0.0, but I was having trouble with it and I figured I may as well go with the latest versions. The only difference between my system and draken182's are my graphics card and HD. My graphics card is a SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE and my HD is a 1TB, 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda. I'm probably missing something simple, but I've been digging through Google for some time now. Any help is very appreciated.

Have you tried typing in GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes?
I have pretty similar specs to you except I have the XFX HD6870 2GB Graphics Card and was having the same problem.

Re: Same motherboard, same software = grey screen

JRedford said:
Grimsrud said:

Have you tried typing in GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes?
I have pretty similar specs to you except I have the XFX HD6870 2GB Graphics Card and was having the same problem.
I tried the GraphicsEnabler=No option again and it worked. Maybe I mis-typed it the first time. Anyway, thanks.

Cool, glad you got it sorted. :clap:

@draken182 two questions please..

can upload your org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?
you have string about ethernet ? (appstore reason)
and about dvd player use aty_init ?

lamacchiacosta said:
How stable is your firewire configuration?

The internal one here seems pretty unstable, so I installed a couple of cards:

[amazon-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004AE2XOS/[/amazon-uk]

and

[amazon-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002UOSI3U/[/amazon-uk]

that are working OOB but the FW situation is quite the same.
Any flag in MB to improve it?

Many thanks.
Be careful you don't hook up the firewire to a real Mac. Something about real Macs having a voltage on one of the pins that Intel boards don't and frying the hack MB. At least this was the case with another build on another forum.

Ih draken, great work.
It works like a charm. :D

I have a doubt and a question for you.

Why in Multibeast settings you select both IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and 3rdParty SATA?

In Multibeast I read:
- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
Makes drives appear as internal. Installs IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in
/System/Library/Extensions. Not needed when using AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext.
- 3rdParty SAT
Provides support for the ASMedia ASM1061, JMicron 36x (aka GSATA) and Marvell
88SE912 SATA controllers. All drives connected to these ports show on the desktop as
Internal and can NOT be hot swapped. Installs AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext in
/System/Library/Extensions.

Why you select both if IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector "Not needed when using AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext."?

Thank you in advance for reply.

BlitzkriegBop said:
Ih draken, great work.
It works like a charm. :D

I have a doubt and a question for you.

Why in Multibeast settings you select both IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and 3rdParty SATA?

In Multibeast I read:
- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
Makes drives appear as internal. Installs IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in
/System/Library/Extensions. Not needed when using AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext.
- 3rdParty SAT
Provides support for the ASMedia ASM1061, JMicron 36x (aka GSATA) and Marvell
88SE912 SATA controllers. All drives connected to these ports show on the desktop as
Internal and can NOT be hot swapped. Installs AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext in
/System/Library/Extensions.

Why you select both if IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector "Not needed when using AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext."?

Thank you in advance for reply.

I believe i did that one on accident. I couldn't get all my drives to appear and i think i left that checked. you are correct, it is not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back