Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed the instructions here but getting system crashes in finder:

com.apple.kextcache: JMicronATA.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.

Seems to be some problem with SATA.. Any tips?

Just found this thread after I successfully built this exact machine. Took me a few days as I had problems with the video card not playing nicely. Instead of using onboard VGA video and installing your video card after, you can just use the command, GraphicsEnabler=No on initial iBoot -> Snow Leopard install. This will work as well.

miK. said:
Also: Is anyone having problems with long boot times? I have an SSD and it
takes over a minute to desktop from when I first see the apple screen. I'm
thinking this is a little long, especially for a SSD? Any tips to share?

Thanks!
m.

I was also suffering from these long boot times (>80 seconds) and investigated through a verbose boot

found that the system was hanging on

"SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload"

Going into the BIOS and switching the Onboard VGA option to "Enable if no ext PEG" fixes this hang. Mine was switched to Auto and still had the hang.

System boots in <30 seconds now with an old Samsung 250GB 7200RPM HDD i had laying around

Also, FWIW, removing boot from CD/DVD from the boot list in BIOS increased my time by 10 seconds or so.

Thanks for this guide!

miK. said:
belfastbiker said:
GEEKBENCH Score of 13872

Wow... very interested in how you got this score! Is that 64-bit?
I'm running pretty much the same rig as you but Geekbench is just over 9000 (32-bit).

Have you overclocked it?

Also: Is anyone having problems with long boot times? I have an SSD and it
takes over a minute to desktop from when I first see the apple screen. I'm
thinking this is a little long, especially for a SSD? Any tips to share?

Thanks!
m.

Changing your Bios to boot HDD first shaves about 25sec of boot time, just remember to change it back if you need to boot from disc.

Heya, wanted to toss out a big thank you for getting me almost 100% through the process. :)

I ended up building the computer this weekend, its almost entirely set up and I'm working out the bugs now on the mac side. Thanks for the awesome pointers along with the multibeast set up screenshots and all frostcall. :)

Before I had the necessary pieces to set up a 10.6.8 install, I went ahead and put a Win7 OS install on a separate HDD from my mac disk and I was wondering if there is an was an easy way to switch between which disk is the boot drive?

So far all I've come up with is setting the bios boot drive order to be CD / Win7 HDD and leaving the iBoot disk in the optical drive, which works to some degree..

Do anyone have sleep working? I've got everything working except for being able to sleep.

Thanks!

PolishTea said:
Before I had the necessary pieces to set up a 10.6.8 install, I went ahead and put a Win7 OS install on a separate HDD from my mac disk and I was wondering if there is an was an easy way to switch between which disk is the boot drive? So far all I've come up with is setting the bios boot drive order to be CD / Win7 HDD and leaving the iBoot disk in the optical drive, which works to some degree..

I have this done on my other Hackintosh, and it was easy.

1. Install OSX entirely, one HD.
2. Disconnect OSX Disk, connect different HD for Win7.
3. Install Win7.
4. When it's all workingby itself, connect other HD back again.
5. When I want to reboot into the other OS, reboot + F12 to enter boot menu, select my Hard Disk, and either the OSX or Windows 7 disk (I find I need a wired keyboard for this, my wireless one hasn't kicked in yet!)

BTW As well as this new hackintosh, I've an existing PC dual booting, and another netbook with OSX installed. For keeping emails, calendar, contacts, notes and docs synced between all partitions of all computers, I find MobileMe, Evernote and Dropbox absolutely invaluable: Here's my referral link for the latter, for extra space for you + me. :) http://db.tt/pCjjUR6

CDale said:
Do anyone have sleep working? I've got everything working except for being able to sleep.

Thanks!

Yes, working a treat here - it worked initially for me, then it would reboot to BIOS ever time I wanted to sleep, then I tried a few things like rollbacking back to other drivers etc, all of which had no effect, was In BIOS, "no execute memory protect" - enable.

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 sleep/wake problem in Lion

I'm fighting with sleep/wake in Lion from 3 days... There is no problem to sleep by pressing power button and also from menu, but the problem is to wake up my computer. I've noticed when hamac is sleeping:
1. When i press power button fans start spinning, but the screen is black. Then i can press power button again and everything is ok - Computer is working.
2. When i press key or mouse fans also start spinning and the screen is black. Pressing power button turns monitor on, but mouse and keyboard is not working i have to remove and plugawy again to USB.
3. In SL i found that pressing power button once give needed result, but waking by mouse or keyboard also cause need to replug USB.

I tried gigabyte h67ma-ud2h-b3 and now i have also z68mx-ud2h-b3 with f5 bios and the problem is on both platform. The rest components:
- Vertex 3 120gb
- kingston hyperx 16gb - 2x khx1600c9d3x2k2/8gx
- gigabyte 6870
- tried some DVD LG and now liteon, but the wake problem is also when i disonnected DVD.
- i7-2600 without K

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I followed your guide,it helped ALOT, I had a kernel panic but a restart fixed that :D

**I FAILED ABOUT 15 TIMES STICK WITH IT PEOPLE**
HACKINTOSH FTW :headbang:

I'm having a similar problem. Followed the directions to the letter, ram out, bios set, 10.6.8 helper used. Installed Radeon 6850.

Restart left with a KP instantly at the gray screen. I can read:

"panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \ACPI\". /n ........etc etc

Resetting the BIOS from ACPI to use IDE doesnt seem to help. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back