Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700k + RX5700XT + OC

Probably because you are running a beta bios?
I'm running both of my Z370's on F14.
There are 10 SSDT's that are created in the background on a Z370, regardless of running an edited DSDT or not.
Those can cause a few kernel log ACPI errors, but if it's running fine, I wouldn't worry.

Are the devices showing up in PCI?
Attached is a smaller table edit which may load even quicker and possibly cleaner.
(still set to alcid=16)

yes, they showed in the PCI, I will test again with new DSDT you provided, will let you know if there is difference.

yes, they showed in the PCI, I will test again with new DSDT you provided, will let you know if there is difference.
OK cool. That tells me it's all loading OK.
See if the smaller table edit runs any better.
Real Mac's have a pretty small system DSDT.
Both versions should run fine.
See which one you prefer.

Im i having problems with hdd Hot-Swap... can you test it?.... if i reboot, hdds works flawless, but, in hotswap mode, thats dont work

I don't have any HDD which I hot swap, so I disabled hot swap in BIOS. Why would you go with hot swapping?

onboard audio (HDMI and line out) works pretty solid here too, the crackling sound I get when waking the system is barely audible and if I wouldn't be so lazy I should mute the speakers before I wake the system :-D but yeah I don't care much about it since it's just my built-in speakers of my monitor.

I think this is an amplifier ground loop thing, right?
Onboard audio is not balanced, so you will get a ground loop noise with most stereo amplifiers.
The booting or waking from sleep, will cause pandemonium, with regards to crackles, etc...

A number of things could cause that.
Maybe upload your EFI so I can see how you're running it?
I should be able to get that board running bang on with a DSDT and the correct config.

An IOReg, along with the vanilla DSDT, would also be helpful.
The audio crackles will be down to the way your amplifier is grounded, not the mobo.

Hi @plexi
Do you know how to get sidecar working, i had black screen here when i connected to my iPad Pro?

Hi @plexi
Do you know how to get sidecar working, i had black screen here when i connected to my iPad Pro?
Make sure you have IGFX enabled in the bios.
Don't leave it on auto.
You may need to create framebuffers using Hackintool for the IGPU and then add those into config.plist Device Properties.

Also, I checked my kernel log and there are no ACPI errors on my system so maybe there is a setting somewhere you've missed, or F14 runs cleaner than F15a?

Last edited:
Make sure you have IGFX enabled in the bios.
Don't leave it on auto.
You may need to create framebuffers using Hackintool for the IGPU and then add those into config.plist Device Properties.

Also, I checked my kernel log and there are no ACPI errors on my system so maybe there is a setting somewhere you've missed, or F14 runs cleaner than F15a?

Issue solved, just changed to iMac 19,1 from iMac Pro 1,1, then everything worked, no ACPI error also after i disabled SSDT for graphic card.

Cheers!

Issue solved, just changed to iMac 19,1 from iMac Pro 1,1, then everything worked, no ACPI error also after i disabled SSDT for graphic card.

Cheers!
OK great!
Which DSDT are you running?
Large Table or Small table?
Both should work great.

Back