Contribute
Register

Success: GA-Z170X-UD5, i7-6700K, EVGA GTX970, Skylake iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to disable sip?
I don't get in to the recovery hd

I use the setup USB thumb drive.
Once I'm at the first screen I launch the terminal and activate it from there.
I keep it disabled all the time, but I've seen folks who re-enable it when done.

> csrutil disable

Then to check the status of SIP, use this Terminal command:
Code:
csrutil status

@sunnyj - Thanks for putting this together, has certainly helped for reference. I have very similar hardware and am currently struggling with the Graphics side of things, and I'm also working with a fresh install of 10.12.6 which may impact this as well.

I was curious - what BIOS version are you using for your install?

@sunnyj - Thanks for putting this together, has certainly helped for reference. I have very similar hardware and am currently struggling with the Graphics side of things, and I'm also working with a fresh install of 10.12.6 which may impact this as well.

I was curious - what BIOS version are you using for your install?
sorry I completely missed this post. I am on F23a. Did you figure out the graphics stuff? I did a clean install to 10.12.6 recently.

A
sorry I completely missed this post. I am on F23a. Did you figure out the graphics stuff? I did a clean install to 10.12.6 recently.

No worries! Funny enough the culprit was the card itself. Replaced it with a 1080 and the 3 GPU setup worked immediately. System has been 100% stable with a 4.5GhZ OC since then - though I've got some USB issues messing with my shutdown that I've been meaning to get around to fixing.

Thanks for sharing your process, much appreciated.

14. Now when you boot your Mac you will be greeted with a black screen. This is because we are using the iMac 17.1 system definition. The way to fix this is by screen sharing the hackintosh with my MacBook Pro and installing and running the AGDPFIX.app

Where can I get the AGDPFIX.app?

Thanks! Yeah I've been pouring over many of these guides/builds using the same or similar parts and many have different methods/steps which can confuse things. being that I've yet to achieve a successful Hackintosh I want to finally do things right.

Now in your guide you stated

Copy SSDT for Power Mangagement file “SSDT-i7-6700K.aml” to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Where do I copy that from? I did a search in Tonymacx86 but I couldn't find that SSDT-i7-6700K.aml file for download

I did come up with this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

So I'm guessing this would generate that SSDT-i7-6700K.aml file?

Thanks!

Thanks! Yeah I've been pouring over many of these guides/builds using the same or similar parts and many have different methods/steps which can confuse things. being that I've yet to achieve a successful Hackintosh I want to finally do things right.

Now in your guide you stated

Where do I copy that from? I did a search in Tonymacx86 but I couldn't find that SSDT-i7-6700K.aml file for download

I did come up with this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

So I'm guessing this would generate that SSDT-i7-6700K.aml file?

Thanks!
It's in the attachment in my initial post.

What bios is your motherboard on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back