Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-H77N-WIFI / Core i5 3570K / 8 GB HyperX 1600MHz / 120GB SSD HyperX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious why you checked FakeSMC and the MAC Mini definition?

FYI, I also do not have sleep on my Z77 Wifi, but PleaseSleep works great. I also don't use HDMI audio.

I checked FakeSMC Plugins for hardware monitoring purposes, since i run iStat menus but i ended up deleting the HWMonitor Application that comes with cause i didn't need it.

And i checked Mac mini 6,1 definition simply because it's the machine that inspired my build. But i'll be trying soon different system definitions to see if something works better...

FYI I have a legit Mac Mini late 2012, and it has a weird version of Mountain Lion on it that you can't install from a normal disc. There's some weirdness with the Mini and they still haven't figured it out. You can't even download Mountain Lion from the app store on my Mini. You have to use the Web Restore if you ever have a problem and need to reinstall...so...at this point we don't know what will happen when 10.8.3 comes out, as far as will you see it on app store updates since you have the mac mini definition set. Who knows...

Edit to respond to your reply-

I'm using the default 2008 mac pro and sleep does the same thing as yours, so I use the PleaseSleep.

FYI that Mac Mini with the top of the line i7 is one fun little machine, I have 16gb of RAM, a SSD Boot Drive and hybrid Data Drive on it, cool toy...

The default System Definition is MacPro3,1 because it works 99.99% of the time for new builders.

However, if you have a Sandy Bridge system and using HD3000 Integrated Graphics with multiple monitors, then a Sys Def of MacMini5,1 works best. MacPro3,1 works fine with Ivy Bridge HD4000 and multiple monitors, though.

If you have power management issues, then the MacPro4,1 or 5,1 might help, but now we talking about experimenting. If you have a 1156 socket system then iMac11,1 might work best for you.

HP ProBooks have found the Sys Def of MacBookPro8,1 works for them with their built-in display.

Finally, the new MacMini6,2 works also on Ivy Bridge systems.

Bottom line -> use the default MacPro3,1 to start out to get your system working, then refine based upon knowledge of others. :thumbup:

Reference: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Smbios.plist

Thanks Stork!

I just changed my Mac mini 6,1 definition to Mac Pro 5,1. But before doing it, i deleted AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from my /system/library/extensions folder.

Didn't seem to improve anything at all. Still don't know which one is better for my build, i might just stay a while with Mac Pro 5,1 to see how it goes.

One of my HDMI ports not working has nothing to do with the system definition. I still have only one HDMI port fully working, since the other one doesn't have audio.

Am I wrong in saying that both of them can't have audio?

Both HDMI ports have video but only one with audio as well. And i don't know why...

Both HDMI ports have video but only one with audio as well. And i don't know why...

No what I mean is, I don't believe both HDMI ports can have audio can they? There is no equivalent Mac with dual HDMI outputs that supports audio on both is there?

I think you're right, that's probably the reason why only one port fully works.

I think you're right, that's probably the reason why only one port fully works.

Yeah I don't see how that would even work...BUT...the real MAC Mini has both MiniDisplayPort/Thunderbolt and HDMI. SO I bet you can only output audio on one of those at a time, since both support it. I've never tried it on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back